Nalbuphine - opioid analgesic, used for the relief of severe pain syndrome of different genesis.
As opioid analgesic nalbuphine has similar effects to morphine, and also causes cramps, stimulates the vomiting center, has a sedative effect and inhibits the conditioned reflexes. Nalbuphine for manual has no significant effect on the motility of the gastrointestinal tract and hemodynamics and to a lesser extent inhibits the respiratory center than fentinal or morphine.
Effect of the drug develops within a few minutes after intravenous injection and 15 minutes after intramuscular, reaching a maximum effect after two hours. The duration of action is dependent on the individual response to the drug, and from 3 to 6 hours.
Nalbuphine manufactured as injectable solution in 1 ml ampoules containing 20 mg of active substance, 5, 10 vials per pack.
Also produced analogues Nalbuphine as a solution for injection:
- Nalbuphine Serb - in 2 ml ampoules containing 20 mg of active ingredient, and 1 ml containing 10 mg of active substance, 5 and 10 ampoules per pack;
- Nalbuphine Hydrochloride - in 1 ml ampoules containing 10 mg of active substance, 5 and 10 ampoules per pack.
Nalbuphine used for the relief of severe pain syndrome of different genesis:
- Gynecological interventions;
- In the postoperative period;
- Myocardial infarction.
It is also used as a component of nalbuphine intravenous anesthesia and for sedation before inhalation anesthesia.
Contraindicated nalbuphine used in case of hypersensitivity to the drug.
During pregnancy, nalbuphine used only on strict conditions. With care prescribe medication during breastfeeding, as well as premature labor and alleged immaturity of the fetus.
Precautions should be taken when nalbuphine Serb:
- Kidney and liver failure;
- Great exhaustion;
- Abuse respiratory function;
- Uremia, the elderly;
- Increased intracranial pressure, and pressure of cerebrospinal fluid in the spinal canal;
- Cranial trauma.
Instructions for use Nalbuphine
The dose of Nalbuphine instructions prescribed individually. The single adult dose is from 1 mg to 100 mg per 1 kg of weight, children - 300 g per 1 kg. Nalbuphine administered intravenously, subcutaneously and intramuscularly. Multiplicity of determined individually depending on indications and clinical situation.
Nalbuphine not used more than three days.
Care should be taken while applying Nalbuphine Serb with drugs, anesthetics, anxiolytics, sedatives, antipsychotics, antidepressants, antihistamines and ethanol with a sedative effect due to the possibility of increased inhibitory action on the central nervous system.
According to the instructions nalbuphine may cause the following side effects:
- Drowsiness, imbalance, confusion, dizziness, headache, nervousness, depression, speech difficulty, confusion, dysphoria, blurred vision;
- Increased sweating;
- Hypertension or hypotension, bradycardia and tachycardia;
- Vomiting, nausea and dry mouth;
Nalbuphine and analogues Nalbuphine - prescription drugs.
Shelf life - 3 years.