Movasin (international name Meloxicam) is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug that is indicated for the relief of pain in arthritis, fever, and is also used as an antipyretic and analgesic agent.
Structure and Composition Movasina
The main active ingredient is meloxicam - 7, 5 mg.
Auxiliary components: povidone, lactose, Kollidon, cellulose, magnesium stearate, starch.
The drug Movasin available as tablets in a carton of 10 pieces. and a solution for intramuscular injection in ampoules of 1, 5 ml.
Pharmacological properties Movasina
Movasin provides effective anti-inflammatory action by inhibiting the activity of enzymes involved in the synthesis of prostaglandins in the inflamed area.
A drug in tablet form is absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract and its bioavailability is about 88%, and when administered solution Movasina bioavailability - 100%.
Movasin absorbed for 40-60 min., And the complete distribution of the drug is achieved within 2-4 days.
The active ingredient of the drug is almost completely metabolized in the liver to form 4 inactive metabolite.
When taken as a tablet formulation displayed for 15 hours, when administered solution Movasina - 20 hours.
Movasin indicated for osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and osteochondrosis.
Positive feedback received Movasin as an effective anti-inflammatory agent for ankylosing spondylitis.
Instructions for use Movasina
According to the instructions Movasin should take one tablet every day at 7, 5 mg. The daily dose may be increased to 15 mg according to the treating physician for rheumatoid arthritis and spondylitis in the heavy phase.
Patients with hepatic and renal failure Movasina daily dose should not exceed 7, 5 mg.
In accordance with the instruction Movasin as a solution for injection administered in for 3 to 7 days, 5 mg.
Review Movasin effective dosage of 15 mg for relief of symptoms of joint disease in the fourth stage.
Not recommended to prescribe the drug for children and adolescents, as they are likely side effects.
When allergic reaction, stop taking Movasina. Also, with a long reception it is necessary to monitor the functioning of the kidneys and liver.
Movasin is contraindicated in:
- rehabilitation after bypass state;
- congestive heart failure;
- a combination of bronchial asthma with polyposis nasal mucosa;
- gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer, bleeding in the gut;
- chronic hepatic and renal failure;
- pregnancy and breastfeeding.
The drug is in pill form is not assigned in children up to 12 years, and injections - up to 18 years.
Movasin may cause allergic reaction in patients hypersensitive to the drug, especially lactose.
Precautions drug prescribed for diabetes, hyperlipidemia, peripheral artery disease, somatic diseases, diseases of the bronchi, as well as in the elderly.
Side-effects when receiving Movasina may be:
- on the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, esophagitis, colitis, ulcers, gastritis;
- on the part of the circulatory system - anemia, leukopenia, thrombocytosis;
- allergic reactions - rash, pruritus, urticaria, vasculitis, toxic necrolysis,;
- the nervous system - headache, vertigo, drowsiness, dizziness, loss of coordination;
- on the part of the genitourinary system - hematuria, renal failure, nephritis.