It refers to the group mikrofollin estrogen oral preparations.
International name - ethinylestradiol (Ethinylestradiol).
The active ingredient - ethinyl estradiol. Available in tablet form.
The active substance mikrofollin interacts with estrogen receptors specialized in those organs that are most sensitive to it (the so-called target organs: the cervix, fallopian tubes, vagina, excretory ducts of the mammary glands, vulva). Because of this happening:
- proliferation of epithelial tissue;
- improving the sensitivity of the muscles of the uterus and tubes to the effects of mediators;
- increasing blood levels of alpha-lipoprotein;
- enhancing insulin sensitivity;
- improve glucose utilization.
Furthermore, ethinylestradiol has hypolipidemic effect on the body.
A large dose of the drug promotes water retention and Na + in the body and slows down the process of erythropoiesis.
According to medical reviews, mikrofollin in large doses prevents the formation of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). However, the drug in small doses, on the contrary, it stimulates secretion of the pituitary gland.
Acting on the body of men mikrofollin reduces androgen secretion, it has a depressing effect on spermatogenesis. The drug can serve as the impetus for the emergence of atrophic changes in tekstikulah.
Mikrofollin gives a slight anabolic effect. Under certain conditions can have contraceptive effects.
As one of the components included in ethinylestradiol combined contraceptives taken orally.
Instruction mikrofollin prescribes the use of this tool in the following cases:
- when ovarian hypofunction (primary or secondary amenorrhea type gipomenoreya, oligomenorrhea, dysmenorrhea);
- when metrorrhagia (including during menopause);
- if vaginitis (in girls and women who are in menopause);
- if hypogonadism;
- during sexual infantilism;
- the secondary estrogen deficiency;
- if there are post-castration disorders, as well as menopausal disorders;
- to suppress lactation;
- in some forms of breast cancer;
- when androgen-dependent prostate cancer.
Contraindications to receive mikrofollin
- if there is hypersensitivity to its components;
- when undiagnosed genital or uterine bleeding, and if they have an unusual nature;
- thrombophlebitis or thromboembolic disease in active phase (exception - breast or prostate cancer).
Precautions mikrofollin prescribed for:
- thrombophlebitis, thrombosis or thromboembolism occurring while taking estrogens in history;
- family hyperlipoproteinemia;
- gallbladder disease in history;
- severe liver disease, jaundice, hepatic porphyria;
- hypercalcemia associated with bone metastases of breast cancer.
Instructions mikrofollin: how to use
In accordance with the instructions mikrofollin taken orally. Dosage depends on the disease, the nature of its flow, as well as the patient's age.
Reviews mikrofollin lead to the conclusion that in some cases are possible after his admission of side effects are expressed differently in men and women.
Women may occur: pain, sensitivity and increase the size of breasts, vaginal spotting, amenorrhea, bleeding "breakthrough" type of mammary tumors, increased libido.
In men, the negative reaction manifested as pain and sensitivity of the breast, gynecomastia, decreased libido, disorders of the gastrointestinal tract (nausea, vomiting, colic, etc.), headache, intolerance to contact lenses.
In the treatment of breast cancer and prostate cancer may develop thrombosis or thromboembolism.
As preparations analog mikrofollin can be assigned Femoston or cyclo-proginova.
Before starting treatment mikrofollin required a full medical examination of the body, including, in particular, and breast examination.
Keep mikrofollin possible 5 years in a dry place at a temperature of not more than 30