Miakaltsik - hormonal drug that affects the calcium and phosphorus metabolism. It is used in the treatment of osteoporosis.
Miakaltsik involved in the regulation of calcium metabolism in the body, and also has analgesic action for pain of bone origin.
When using Miakaltsik improvement comes after the first application, and long-term use, over 5 years, achieved sustained and significant reduction in biochemical markers of bone turnover.
Also Miakaltsik increases and maintains bone mineral density in the lumbar spine and femur.
Miakaltsik produced in the form:
- Nasal spray, one dose contains 200 IU of the active substance - synthetic salmon calcitonin. The glass aerosol vial 2 ml containing 14 doses;
- Colorless, transparent solution for injection in 1 ml ampoules containing 100 IU of the active substance.
Miakaltsik of instructions used in:
- Neurodystrophic diseases that are caused by a variety of predisposing and etiological factors - post-traumatic painful osteoporosis, reflex dystrophy, causalgia, glenohumeral syndrome, neurotrophic drug violations;
- Pain in the bones, which are associated with osteopenia or osteolysis;
- Postmenopausal osteoporosis;
- Deforming osteo - Paget's disease of bone.
Miakaltsik contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to synthetic salmon calcitonin or any other component of the drug.
There are no adequate studies in women during pregnancy and lactation has not been so used Miakaltsik during these periods is not recommended.
For the same reason Miakaltsik not used in children.
Instructions for use Miakaltsik
Spray Miakaltsik applied intranasally. The dose and duration of treatment depends on the disease:
- When treating osteoporosis Miakaltsik instructions for use of 200 IU (1 dose) per day. It is also recommended to use both calcium and vitamin D. Typically, treatment is carried out for a long time;
- When the pain in the bones, which are associated with osteopenia or osteolysis, spray Miakaltsik used daily for 1-2 doses, depending on the disease. The same dosage used in Paget's disease. The course of treatment - from three months to several years;
- When neurodystrophic diseases use 1 dose spray Miakaltsik daily to a month.
Miakaltsik as a solution for injection is used subcutaneously or intramuscularly. Applied daily dose depends on the disease:
- In osteoporosis - 50 IU or 100 IU daily or every other day, while taking calcium and vitamin D;
- When the pain in the bones - 100-200 IU daily;
- When Paget's disease - daily 100 IU Miakaltsik;
- In acute pancreatitis - intravenous infusion of 300 IU Miakaltsik, as part of combination therapy.
In case of overdose can cause nausea, hot flushes, vomiting and dizziness, which is dose-dependent. For the treatment of symptomatic therapy with calcium gluconate.
Data on adverse drug interactions with Miakaltsik not.
To prevent systemic allergic reactions, prior to use by Miakaltsik instructions necessary to conduct skin tests.
In the opinion of Miakaltsik often causes rhinitis, including congestion in the nasal mucosa and dryness in the nose, sneezing and swelling. Also Miakaltsik Review can cause allergic rhinitis and non-specific symptoms of the nose - the formation of plaques, pain, odor, excoriations, irritation, erythema.
When using Miakaltsik may develop systemic violations:
- Stomach ache;
- Sore throat;
- Pain in the bones and muscles;
- Taste perversion.
Much less often manifested vomiting, sinusitis, hypertension, epistaxis, arthralgia, flu-like symptoms, cough, edema, visual disturbances.
Unwanted side effects appear at reviews on Miakaltsik rarely with intranasal than with parenteral administration of the drug.
The drug is released only at the doctor's prescription and is related to the list B. term storage solution for injection - 5 years, spray Miakaltsik - 3 years. Prior to use, spray stored in a refrigerator. Once you start using the spray Miakaltsik should be stored vertically, not more than one month at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.