Menopur (Menopur) belongs to the group of means follicle stimulating action.
International name - Menotropin (menotropin).
Pharmacological action Menopur
Purpose Menopur - to stimulate the functioning of the gonads. The drug has a gonadotropic effects.
Contained in the product in an equal ratio of follicle stimulating hormone and luteinizing have activating effect on the growth and maturation of follicles in the ovaries, promote proliferation of the endometrium (proliferation), increase the level of estrogen in a woman's body. In men, according to medical reviews, Menopur activates the production of sperm.
Structure and Composition of the preparation
Menopur is a lyophilisate which is used in the preparation of a solution intended for intramuscular administration.
Menopur - a preparation of human menopausal gonadotropin, obtained from the urine of postmenopausal women. The content of the active ingredients in one bottle is 75 IU of FSH (follicle stimulating hormone) and 75 IU of LH (luteinizing hormone).
Excipients: Polysorbate 20, lactose monohydrate, sodium hydroxide, hydrochloric acid.
The sale Menopur comes in vials 2 ml (5 pieces), supplemented with solvent ampoules 1 ml (5 pieces). As the solvent used isotonic sodium chloride solution.
According to the instructions to the Menopur, he was appointed to both women and men. Indications for women are:
- Infertility caused by disturbances in the functioning of the hypothalamus and pituitary;
- medical procedures to stimulate the onset of conception (conducted through assisted reproductive technology).
Indications for Menopur men are diagnosed azoospermia or oligoastenospermiya that are caused by primary or secondary hypogonadotropic hypogonadism (supplemented human chorionic gonadotropin).
The drug can not be assigned in the presence of increased individual sensitivity to one component / several of its components.
Women Menopur is contraindicated in:
- If there is a persistent increase in the ovaries;
- if there are ovarian cysts (in cases where the process of their formation is not caused by polycystic ovarian syndrome);
- If there are abnormal deviations in the development of the genital organs;
- when uterine fibroids incompatible with pregnancy;
- vaginal bleeding, have a vague nature of occurrence;
- cancer of the uterus, ovary or breast cancer;
- If there is a primary ovarian failure;
- during pregnancy;
- during breastfeeding.
Contraindications for men to receive Menopur are cancers of the prostate or other androgen-dependent tumors.
Instructions Menopur: Dosage and Administration
Menopur was injected intramuscularly or subcutaneously.
When infertility in women begin treatment with a daily dose of 75 or 150 IU (one or two capsules). If there are no adverse reactions from the ovaries, the dose is increased to a point when it will be registered an increase in estrogen levels in the blood of the patient or marked follicular growth.
Upon reaching the above effect of the dose remain unchanged until the moment when it will be noted the amount of estrogen corresponding preovulatory level.
In order to induce ovulation within 24-48 hours after administration of the last injection given a single administration dose of 5-10 thousand. IU.
Follow the instructions to Menopur, stimulation of spermatogenesis in men the drug is administered at a dose of 1-3 thousand. IU of human chorionic gonadotropin. This quantity of drug administered three times a week.
When will the normalization of testosterone level in the body of the patient, reduce the dose of Menopur to 75-150 IU (one or two vials). The drug is administered three times a week. The duration of treatment is several months.
Research and reviews of Menopur suggest that this drug may cause a number of unpleasant side effects:
- enlargement of the ovaries (which is not accompanied by additional complications);
- the formation of ovarian cysts;
- ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome (vomiting, nausea, pronounced pain in the lower abdomen, increase in total body weight, hypovolemia, reduction in plasma volume and, as a consequence, increase in the number of erythrocytes therein and ascites, hydrothorax, etc.);
- allergic reactions, accompanied by itching of the skin, redness, rash, pain, swelling, fever.
On the part of the gastrointestinal tract are possible symptoms like vomiting and nausea.
In rare cases, chronic administration of the drug Menopur possible formation of antibodies, thereby reducing the effectiveness of the therapy.
Menopur is usable for 2 years from the date of issue.
The optimum storage temperature - not more than 20 ° C.