Medazepam - "day" tranquilizer, reducing emotional stress psychoneurotic behavior.
The active substance has mezapama miorelaksirutee, anxiolytic, antiepileptic and, to a lesser extent, sedative and hypnotic effect.
Refers to a group of "day" tranquilizers, eliminates the state of fear, anxiety, psychoneurotic tension, excessive restlessness, general motor stimulation. Medazepam according to the instructions has a stabilizing effect on the autonomic nervous system, restores emotional behavior and their own assessment of the disease. In applying mezapama should be aware that the drug can cause drug dependence and withdrawal symptoms.
Medazepam produced in the form of tablets containing 10 mg of active substance medazepama. 50 pieces in dark glass bottles.
Medazepam used for:
- Psychopathy with anxiety;
- Nervous tension;
- Migraine, as a prevention of attacks;
- Climacteric syndrome;
- Withdrawal syndrome in chronic alcoholism.
Also according to the instructions Medazepam used for excessive excitability in children, mental lability and "school" neuroses.
Medazepam contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Alcohol and drug abuse;
- Acute liver disease and kidney failure;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Sleep apnea.
Lactation, children under the age of 10 years, the first trimester of pregnancy and hypersensitivity to the drug are also contraindications to the use mezapama. In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy use mezapama possible only under strict indications.
Use caution when Medazepam:
- Spinal cerebellar ataxia;
- Organic lesions of the central nervous system;
- Respiratory failure;
- Heavyweight general condition;
- Renal or hepatic impairment;
- Ocular hypertension;
- Elderly patients.
Instructions for use mezapama
Medazepam administered orally.
At the beginning of treatment daily dose is 10-15 mg mezapama divided into several stages. Gradually, the dose can be increased to twice the maximum - up to 40 mg per day.
Elderly and young people are usually given daily for 10-20 mg mezapama, children from 10 years - 2 mg per day per 1 kg of body weight. The drug is used in children under strict indications.
The duration of Medazepam of reviews depends on the response to treatment and indications. Medazepam of instruction should be withdrawn gradually to avoid withdrawal symptoms.
In the opinion of Medazepam cause different side effects:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, mild fatigue, weakness, confusion, stupor, headache, anterograde amnesia, dysarthria, depression, paresis of accommodation. In the opinion of Medazepam children and the elderly often causes aggressiveness, disorientation, lack of inhibition and increased muscle fatigue;
- Decreased libido, menstrual irregularities and decreased potency;
- Dry mouth, dyspepsia;
- The oppression of the respiratory center, tachycardia, alveolar hypoventilation, reduction in blood pressure;
- Urinary retention, chest pain, withdrawal syndrome, spasm of the vocal cords, paradoxical reactions, drug dependence, and allergic reactions.
Wherever possible Medazepam be applied momentarily as it during prolonged use can cause drug dependence, particularly when used in high doses. Physical dependence on the reviews of mezapama occurs rarely, but when excessive overdose may experience psychological dependence and tolerance development.
During treatment mezapama of instructions is not allowed alcohol.
In an application with mezapama means for anesthesia, opioid analgesics and ethanol may increase depressant effect on the central nervous system.
With extreme caution should be used Medazepam simultaneously with beta-blockers, centrally acting antihypertensive agents or anticoagulants, such as the results of drug-drug interactions are unpredictable.
Medazepam refers to the list A and released strictly on prescription. Shelf life - 2 years.