MAO inhibitors - antidepressants used in the treatment of Parkinson's disease and narcolepsy.
The pharmacological action of MAO inhibitors
MAO are classified according to the pharmacological properties of non-selective, irreversible, selective and reversible selective irreversible.
Non-selective irreversible MAO inhibitors are similar in chemical structure to iproniazid, improve the general condition of patients with depression and reduce angina.
Reversible selective MAO inhibitors have antidepressant and psihoenergiziruyuschee actions actively suppress deamination of serotonin and norepinephrine.
Irreversible, selective MAO inhibitors exert antiparkinsonian action involved in the metabolism of dopamine and catecholamines.
List of drugs MAO inhibitors
The list of non-selective irreversible MAO inhibitors include:
By selective irreversible MAO inhibitor selegiline include.
The list of selective reversible MAO inhibitors include:
- Beta-carboline derivatives.
Indications for use of MAO inhibitors
Preparations non-selective irreversible MAO inhibitors are prescribed for the treatment of chronic alcoholism and depression (neurotic, and cyclothymic involution), selective, reversible - at depressions of different genesis, depressive syndrome, and the syndrome of melancholy astenoadinamicheskih disorders, selective and irreversible - in the treatment of Parkinson's disease.
MAO inhibitors selective reversible contraindicated in:
- Acute inflammatory diseases of the kidneys and liver;
- Alcohol withdrawal syndrome;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Also, drugs selective reversible MAO inhibitors is not indicated in its infancy.
Acceptance of non-selective irreversible MAO inhibitors are not indicated for:
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- The cerebral circulation;
- Chronic renal failure;
- Chronic heart failure.
MAO inhibitors selective irreversible contraindicated in:
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Receiving other antidepressants;
- Essential tremor;
- Huntington's chorea.
drugs selective irreversible MAO inhibitors are prescribed for:
- Progressive dementia;
- Tardive dyskinesia;
- Severe psychosis;
- Peptic ulcer gastro-intestinal tract;
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Severe angina;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Krupnorazmashistom tremor;
- Diffuse toxic goiter.
The use of reversible selective MAO inhibitors may cause:
- Dry mouth;
The use of non-selective irreversible MAO inhibitors can cause:
- Lowering blood pressure;
- Dry mouth;
The use of selective irreversible MAO inhibitors may cause complications in the various systems of the body, namely:
- Loss of appetite, dryness of the oral mucosa, increase in transaminases, nausea, diarrhea, constipation, and dysphagia (digestive system);
- Fatigue, insomnia, dizziness, hallucinations, headache, anxiety, dyskinesia, motor and mental agitation, confusion and psychosis (nervous system);
- Increased blood pressure, orthostatic hypotension, and arrhythmia (cardiovascular system);
- Diplopia and disturbance of visual acuity (the senses);
- Nocturia, urinary retention and painful urge to urinate (urinary system);
- Shortness of breath, photosensitivity, skin rashes and bronchospasm (allergic reactions).
Also receiving selective irreversible MAO inhibitors can cause perspiration, hypoglycaemia and hair loss.