Losek - an effective anti-ulcer drug used in monotherapy and in combination therapy with antibiotic drugs for the treatment of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
The active ingredient of the drug Losek has antiulcer action.
When taken daily Losek provides effective inhibition of both day and night secretion of hydrochloric acid. Judging by the reviews, the maximum effect of the drug is achieved within four days.
Complex action Loseka with antibacterial drugs contributes to the rapid eradication of Helicobacter pylori. This effectively arrest the symptoms and leads to healing of the injured mucous membrane, thereby reducing the likelihood of bleeding from the gastro-intestinal tract and prolonged need of antiulcer therapy.
Losek produced in the form:
- Tablets containing 10 mg of omeprazole and 20 at 7, 14 or 28 pieces in plastic bottles;
- Lyophilisate for solution for infusion in vials containing 40 mg of omeprazole.
According to the instructions Losek used to treat:
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers, including ulcers and erosion of the stomach and duodenum caused by nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease;
- Gastric ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori;
- Of acid indigestion;
- Zollinger-Ellison syndrome.
The drug is contraindicated for use only in case of hypersensitivity to the active substance or auxiliary Loseka ingredients. During pregnancy and lactation Losek of instructions can be used only on strict conditions.
Tablets Losek accept whole or dissolved in water before use, or fruit juice.
Exacerbation of duodenal ulcer for two weeks taking 20 mg per day Loseka. When ulcers resistant to therapy, usually the dose and duration of use doubles. For the prevention of exacerbations, usually only 10 mg per day.
Exacerbation of gastric ulcers, as well as oesophageal reflux and erosive and ulcerative lesions of gastroduodenal gastrointestinal tract in patients with HIV infection treatment is carried out during the month of 20 mg daily Loseka. In some cases, the dose is increased twice and the duration of the treatment - up to 2 months.
In gastric ulcer caused by Helicobacter pylori, Losek instructions for use in combination therapy with amoxicillin and clarithromycin.
When heartburn, pain or discomfort in the epigastric region, caused by the acid-dyspepsia, treatment is initiated with 10 mg Loseka a day, if necessary dose can be increased by 2 times. If symptoms within two weeks of treatment, do not disappear, change the treatment regimen.
With Zollinger-Ellison syndrome often dosing regimen is established by the doctor individually. The accepted daily dosage varies from 60 to 120 mg of the drug, which is recommended to take two steps.
Where oral therapy is not possible Losek administered as an intravenous infusion once a day:
- In gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer - 40mg;
- With Zollinger-Ellison syndrome - 60 mg.
If the kidney function in the elderly regimen Losekom correction is required.
If the disease is accompanied by substantial spontaneous weight loss, frequent vomiting, or dysphagia, before starting therapy should eliminate the possibility of malignancy.
At higher doses of the drug to severe symptoms of overdose usually not observed.
Side effects Loseka
Based on the reviews of the preparation, application Loseka can cause side effects weakly wearing transient. In rare cases, the drug tends to cause disturbances by:
- Central and peripheral nervous system, most often expressed as a headache. Much rarer disorders manifest as insomnia, dizziness, paresthesia, blurred vision, depression, sleepiness, taste disturbance, hallucinations;
- Digestive system as abdominal pain, diarrhea, vomiting, constipation, nausea, bloating. Several less according to the instructions Losek cause dry mouth, hepatitis, stomatitis, liver dysfunction and jaundice;
- The endocrine system, which manifests itself as gynecomastia;
- Musculoskeletal system, expressed as a pain in the muscles and joints, and muscle weakness.
Also, judging by the reviews, Losek can lead to:
- Rash or itching;
- Erythema multiforme, photosensitivity, alopecia;
- Angioedema, urticaria, fever, anaphylactic shock, bronchospasm, interstitial nephritis;
- Increased sweating, malaise, peripheral edema.
The drug Losek prescription. Shelf life - 24 months. Bottle lyophilisate without cardboard box under indoor lighting can not save more than a day.