Lomfloks (Lomflox) - drug group "antimicrobial fluoroquinolone." It is used for system use.
International name - lomefloxacin (Lomefloxacin).
The active ingredient of the drug is - lomefloxacin present in the form of a hydrochloride.
Pharmacological action Lomfloksa
Presenting an antimicrobial drug fluoroquinolone group Lomfloks bactericidal broad spectrum.
Lomfloks affects the DNA of the microbe by changing and destroying its transcription and replication, and thus leads to the death of the microbial cells. Its activity has been reported for aerobes (both gram-positive and gram-negative), Chlamydia, Mycobacterium tuberculosis (including located both inside and outside the cell), individual strains of Mycoplasma and Ureaplasma.
When an acidic environment the drug efficacy is significantly reduced. The acidic environment also slows down the development of resistance.
Lomfloks has a pronounced effect postantibiotic.
The drug has no detrimental effect on the majority of groups of streptococci (including A, B, D, G), Streptococcus pneumoniae, Pseudomonas cepacia, Ureaplasmaurealyticum, Mycoplasma hominis, as well as anaerobes.
After dosing, certain instructions Lomfloks completely absorbed into the body from the gastrointestinal tract. Active substance sufficiently rapidly penetrates tissue and is distributed therein. The concentration of plasma lomefloxacin, urine and prostate tissue is much less than its concentration at other tissues and biological fluids (average may differ 2-7 times).
According to the instructions Lomfloksu, lomfloksatsina half-life of the body is 7 to 9 hours. Wherein from 70 to 80% of active ingredient derived unchanged in urine in about 24 hours. At disturbances in the functioning of the kidney elimination half-life is more lasting.
Lomfloks available as a 400 mg tablet, film-coated, having a white or close to white color. Oblong form. On the one hand there is the separation of risk pills, on the other - indicates the name of the drug.
Like its counterparts, Lomfloks appointed with the purpose of treatment to eliminate such manifestations:
- infections that occurred in the lower parts of the respiratory system (including during periods of exacerbations);
- bronchitis flowing in the chronic form;
- otitis media;
- gonorrhea, chlamydia and other diseases of the genitourinary system, with the infectious nature of origin;
- infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- bone and joint infections (including chronic osteomyelitis);
- enterocolitis infectious nature;
- pulmonary tuberculosis and accompanying inflammatory processes;
- complications of infectious nature that have arisen after transurethral surgery.
Lomfloks can not be assigned if the patient is characterized by at least one of the following factors:
- there is individual sensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
- diagnosed with cerebral arteriosclerosis, epilepsy or other central nervous system diseases, accompanied by convulsive syndrome;
- pregnancy or lactation;
- age 18 years.
Instructions Lomfloksa: methods of application and the daily dose
The drug is taken in doses recommended instructions to Lomfloksu: 400 mg a day (at a time). The pellet is washed down with plenty of liquid. The drug is not tied to meal times.
If a patient is diagnosed in violation of the kidneys, in the first day of the drug he was given in the normal dosage (400 mg / day), and the second day the dose is reduced by half to 200 mg / day.
The duration of treatment, according to medical reviews of Lomflokse may be from 1 to 28 days. It is determined by the doctor depending on the individual patient and the nature of his current illness.
Like most of his peers, Lomfloks causes a number of side effects, expressed in the form of such displays as:
- disturbances in the functioning of the gastrointestinal tract (pseudomembranous colitis, soreness of oral mucosa);
- abnormalities in liver function (jaundice, hepatic coma, etc.);
- allergic reactions, until the development of anaphylactic shock;
- disruptions to the cardiovascular system;
- cerebrovascular disorders;
- dyspnea, respiratory infections, bronchitis, hemoptysis, pulmonary edema, etc .;
- paresthesia, paralysis, involuntary muscle contractions, etc .;
- disorders in the central nervous system (drowsiness, anxiety, hallucinations, sleep disorders, etc.).
Reviews Lomflokse suggest that the drug may contribute to the development of vaginitis in women, as well as the emergence of pain in the genital area.
Lomfloksa analogues are Abaktal, Avelox, Zanotsin, Zofloks, Levolet, Oflo, Norfatsin, norfloxacin, Maklevo, Moksimak, ofloxacin, and other drugs.
Exceeding the set dose Lomfloksa can cause convulsions, ataxia, ptosis, prostration, tremors.
The drug Lomfloks usable life for 3 years from the date of issue. Optimally, store it in a place protected from sunlight at a temperature not exceeding + 25 ° C.