Latikort member of the group of glucocorticoids, intended for topical application.
International name of the drug - Hydrocortisone.
The active ingredient - hydrocortisone.
Pharmacological action Latikorta
Being a synthetic glucocorticosteroid, Latikort has anti-inflammatory topical activity. Reduces the rate of release of cytokines (interferons, interleukins) from lymphocytes and macrophages. It prevents the release of inflammatory mediators. Reduces swelling and relieves itching.
Latikort also has a local vasoconstrictive effect, reduces the exudative reactions.
The dosage indicated in the instructions to Latikortu, can not lead to the inhibition of the hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal system.
According to reviews, Latikort no effect on psychomotor functions.
After applying the chemical conversion process Latikorta drug in the body is as follows:
When applying the preparation to the surface to be treated is its absorption and accumulation in the layer of the epidermis (mainly in its granular part). Absorbing through the skin of hydrocortisone butyrate to be metabolized and converted to other metabolites of hydrocortisone. Initially, the process goes to the epidermis, and then the liver. Formed as a result of metabolism and metabolites is the small part of hydrocortisone butyrate, which remains unchanged, the kidneys and, together with bile.
Form release Latikorta
In accordance with the instructions, Latikort used for outdoor applications and is available in several forms:
- in the form of ointments 0, 1% (has no color, transparent, enough fat, available in aluminum tubes, packed in a cardboard box, container - 15g);
- a cream 0, 1% (white, homogeneous mass, available in aluminum tubes, packed in a cardboard box, container - 15g);
- 0 as a solution, 1% (clear liquid with a characteristic spirituous odor, sludge and other mechanical inclusions not comprising, manufactured in plastic bags with 20 ml).
Latikort prescribed for the treatment of diseases such as:
- dermatitis (as seborrheic or atopic);
- contact eczema;
- psoriasis, which is observed on the scalp;
- Lichen planus;
- insect bites.
Instructions Latikorta: Dosage and Administration
Latikort applied to the affected area several times a day (one to three). Course of treatment from one to three weeks. Weekly dose is from 30 to '60
According to reviews, Latikort most easily absorbed into the skin when applied in a circular massaging movements.
In some cases, the drug is covered occlusive dressing (such as having concentrations of solid psoriatic plaques near the elbows and knees).
Overdose and interaction
Received on Latikorte reviews indicate that to date no cases of overdose observed. Data on its interaction with other drugs and no.
Obstacles intended Latikorta factors are:
- skin infections bacterial, viral, or fungal origin;
- skin tumors;
- perioral dermatitis;
- the presence of sores or ulcers on the skin;
- skin lesions arising as a result of tuberculosis or syphilis;
- post-vaccination period;
- age of the child for at least six months (and itching in the anal area - less than 12 years);
- individual sensitivity to the drug.
Subject to careful preparation can be appointed as diabetes, tuberculosis, pregnant women in early pregnancy (first trimester), lactation.
Keep Latikort need at 25
C in a dark place. Shelf life - 3 years.
Sold without prescription.