Ksantinola - a synthetic drug that improves blood circulation.
Widely used for circulatory disorders caused by various diseases.
The active substance ksantinola nicotinate improves microcirculation, cerebral blood flow and metabolism of the brain in the postoperative period when removing brain tumors or various brain contusions.
Also, the drug has a beneficial effect on peripheral blood vessels of the brain, improves the collateral circulation and nutrition of tissues with oxygen.
Ksantinola nicotinate has antiplatelet effect, reduces blood viscosity and reduces platelet aggregation.
Note that ksantinola is nikotinopodobny syndrome, which is accompanied by hyperesthesia of the mucous membranes of the mouth and nose. This may worsen the olfactory and taste sensitivity, smell and taste can be perceived more sharp and unpleasant.
Ksantinola nicotinate produced in the form:
- 15% Solution for injection in ampoules of 2 ml, 10 pieces per pack;
- Tablets of 150 mg, with 20, 30, 40, 60, 120 pieces.
According to the instructions ksantinola used for:
- Diabetic angiopathy;
- Occlusive disease;
- Atherosclerosis of coronary vessels;
- Dermatoses caused by violation of the trophic vascular origin;
- The cerebral circulation;
- Sklerodeme Buschke;
- Vascular thrombosis and embolism;
- Trophic ulcers drumsticks;
- Raynaud's disease;
- Obliterating atherosclerosis of the extremities;
- Thromboangiitis obliterans;
- Post-thrombotic syndrome;
- Hardhealed wounds;
- Meniere's syndrome;
- Intrauterine and postnatal fetal asphyxia.
Ksantinola nicotinate is contraindicated in:
- Congestive heart failure;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Mitral stenosis;
- Gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcer in the acute phase;
- Chronic heart failure decompensation stage;
- Acute bleeding;
- Acute renal failure.
According to the instructions ksantinola nicotinate is contraindicated in pregnancy, hypersensitivity to the drug and lactation.
Instructions for use ksantinola
According to the instructions ksantinola administered orally by 150-600 mg three times a day, usually after meals. The course of treatment is usually long, at least two months.
Intramuscular ksantinola used one to three times a day for 100-200 mg. The duration of treatment is determined individually - usually two to three weeks.
Intravenous drug use from 5 to 10 days, administered bolus slowly to 800 mg per day.
In acute disorders ksantinola blood tissue simultaneously with parenteral administration into 300 mg three times per day.
In an application with ksantinola downward pressure drugs with strofantinom (ergot alkaloids, beta-blockers, sympatholytic, alpha-blockers, ganglioplegic) possible sharp increase in their actions.
Ksantinola nicotinate is usually well tolerated, but may cause some side effects:
- Transient sensation of warmth;
- Redness of the skin;
- Lowering blood pressure;
In high doses for prolonged use may increase the levels of uric acid in blood serum, as well as changes in glucose tolerance.
Ksantinola nicotinate related to drugs List B and prescription.
Shelf life - 3 years.