Ketilept - synthetic
antipsychotic agent used in the treatment of psychosis and depression.
Pharmacological action Ketilepta
Active ingredient Ketilepta shows antipsychotic activity without inducing a prolonged increase plasma prolactin concentrations.
As a result, many studies Ketilept showed high efficiency in the treatment of both positive and negative symptoms of schizophrenia.
Action Ketilepta Review continued for 12 hours after taking the medication.
Ketilept produced as white, film-coated tablets containing an active substance (quetiapine) in an amount of:
- 100 mg - engraved with "202";
- 150 mg - engraved with "203";
- 200 mg - engraved with "204";
- 300 mg - engraved with "204".
10 pieces in a blister.
Ketilepta analogues are the following drugs:
- As the active ingredient - Gedonin, Ketiap, Seroquel, Viktoel, Lakvel, Nantarid, Kventiaks, Servitel, Kutipin;
- By way of action - Azaleptin, Zalasta, Klozasten, olanzapine, leponeks, olanzapine-Teva, Olaneks, Safris, Azaleprol, Zyprexa Adair, Normiton.
According to the instructions Ketilept prescribed for the treatment of:
- Acute and chronic psychoses, including schizophrenia;
- Depressive and manic episodes of bipolar disorder in the structure (moderate to severe degrees of severity).
Ketilept contraindicated apply:
- When pregnancy;
- In pediatrics;
- During the period of breast-feeding;
- If hypersensitivity to the components Ketilepta.
In addition, it is recommended to take Ketilept with caution in the following cases:
- When cardiovascular and cerebrovascular diseases, or other conditions that predispose to arterial hypotension;
- Against the background of liver failure;
- In old age;
- When seizures in history.
Ketilept of instructions can be taken regardless of meals.
and acute psychoses and schizophrenia Ketilept adults prescribed twice a day. The dosage for the first 4 days gradually increased - 50 mg on the first day to 300 mg on the fourth day of treatment, whereupon for taking Ketilept 300-450 mg per day. Depending on the disease and the clinical effect of the therapy daily dose may vary from 150 to 750 mg per day.
In the treatment of acute manic episodes of daily dose is somewhat higher and ranges from 200 to 800 mg. The elderly should be reduced dosages Ketilepta.
For maintenance of remission Ketilept usually take in minimal doses.
When taken in high doses Ketilepta may experience the following symptoms:
- Excessive sedation;
- Lowering blood pressure;
Drug interaction Ketilepta
It is recommended to be very careful while applying Ketilepta with other drugs acting on the central nervous system.
The most common causes Ketilept for instructions:
- Orthostatic hypotension;
- Mild asthenia;
- Dry mouth;
Also, quite often Ketilept Review promotes:
- Sore throat;
- Low-grade fever;
- Mild asthenia;
- Decreased visual acuity;
- Peripheral edema;
- Dryness of the skin;
- Pain in the lower back and chest,
- Weight gain (more often - in the first week of treatment).
Much less Ketilept Review leads to development:
- Neuroleptic malignant syndrome;
- Allergic reactions.
On the part of the nervous system while taking Ketilepta Review possible agitation, anxiety, headache, fainting, tremors, and in rare cases - seizures.
Ketilept of instruction refers to the number of doses, supply of pharmacies are available only on prescription. Shelf life Tablets - up to 4 years at a temperature not exceeding 25 ° C.