Kanesten - a synthetic antifungal agent for external use.
Kanestena active substance has a broad spectrum antimycotic action, and fungistatic activity, which depends on the concentration of the source of infection.
Kanesten in any dosage forms, active against molds, yeasts, dermatophytes, agents of multi-colored lichen and erythrasma. In addition to the antimycotic, Kanesten has antimicrobial activity against Trichomonas vaginalis, gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms.
In the opinion of Kanesten effective for almost all strains of fungi, and the development of secondary relistentnosti extremely rare.
Kanesten - preparations in various dosage forms containing the active ingredient clotrimazole:
- 1% cream for external use in tubes of 5 g, 20 g, 35 g and 50 g;
- 2% cream for external use in tubes of 20 g;
- 10% vaginal cream in tubes of 35 g;
- Vaginal tablets (candles), 100 mg, 200 mg and 500 mg;
- A 1% solution for external application, in vials of 20 ml, 25 ml and 50 ml;
- 1% Spray for external use in vials of 30 ml.
Spray and cream Kanesten of instructions recommended for:
- Fungal diseases of the skin and mucous membranes, which are caused by fungi, yeast fungi, dermatophytes, as well as other pathogens which are sensitive to clotrimazole:
- Mycosis hands, feet, skin folds and torso;
- Pityriasis versicolor and erythrasma.
Vaginal creams and suppositories Kanesten used for:
- Candida vulvitis;
Also candles Kanesten of instructions used for the renovation of the birth canal before delivery.
According to the manual spray and cream used Kanesten contraindicated in case of hypersensitivity to clotrimazole or any other components of the drug.
In the second and third trimester of pregnancy Kanesten of instructions can be used after consulting a doctor. Candles Kanesten contraindicated used in menstrual period.
Spray Kanesten instructions for spray a thin layer to the affected skin two times a day. Usually, treatment is continued for at least a month. After improvement and disappearance of acute symptoms should continue to use Kanestena even for a week, and fungal diseases of the skin - at least two weeks.
Cream Kanesten also used twice a day. The duration of treatment typically depends on the disease. In the treatment of:
- Ringworm - at least 3-4 weeks
- Erythrasma - from two weeks to a month;
- Multi-colored lichen - up to three weeks.
Typically, the use of high doses Kanestena in any life-threatening causes of violations. When the therapy must be considered that nystatin, amphotericin B and natamycin reduce the effectiveness of the drug, while their application.
Suppositories Kanesten different dosage injected deep into the vagina:
- Once - 500 mg;
- Within 3 days - 200 mg;
- Throughout the week - 100 mg.
At the same time must be treated with candles vulva ointment, cream or solution. For the rehabilitation of the birth canal at the instructions recommended a single injection of a single candle Kanesten.
Typically, spray and cream Kanesten Review when applied externally do not cause significant side effects and systemic. When the therapy most likely to develop:
- Allergic reactions;
- Local reactions manifesting as rash or itching.
When intravaginal administration candles Kanesten can develop:
- Hyperemia and mucosal edema, itching and burning;
- Frequent urination;
- Vaginal discharge,
- Intercurrent cystitis.
Kanesten in any dosage form can be purchased without a prescription. The shelf life of drugs - 3 years.