JUnidoks - is antibacterial
drug belonging to the group of tetracyclines. Its active substance is doxycycline.
JUnidoks also available under different names. JUnidoks analogues are Doksidar, Apodoksi, monoclinic, Doksal, Ksedotsin, Vibramitsil, Doksibene, Vidoktsin, Bassada, doxycycline, etc. Dovitsil.
JUnidoks is a semisynthetic broad-spectrum tetracycline, has a bacteriostatic effect. The drug can have an effect on the pathogens located inside the cell. According to the reviews JUnidoks highly sensitive gram-positive (Staphylococcus aureus, Streptococcus, Clostridium, Listeria) and gram (Neisseria, Haemophilus influenzae, Klebsiella, E. coli, Shigella, Enterobacter, Salmonella, Yersinia, treponema) mikroorganizmy.Preparat inactive against most strains of fungi and Pseudomonas aeruginosa and Proteus. The instructions to JUnidoks noted that active drug compared to other tetracyclines has longer duration of action and greater therapeutic activity.
According to the instructions JUnidoks used to treat infectious and inflammatory diseases, the development of which is due to the tool sensitive germs:
- Respiratory tract infections (upper and lower);
- Infections of upper respiratory tract;
- Urinary infections;
- Infections of the gastrointestinal tract and biliary tract;
- Infections of the skin and soft tissues;
- Infection of the eye;
- Q fever;
- Fever Rockies;
- Lyme disease;
- Return, or tick typhus;
- Amoebic and bacillary dysentery;
According to the instructions JUnidoks can be used in the complex treatment of the following diseases: peritonitis, septic endocarditis, sepsis, osteomyelitis, brucellosis, whooping cough, psittacosis, fever, trachoma, leptospirosis.
In the opinion of JUnidoks quite effective for the prevention of inflammatory complications in the postoperative period, as well as malaria.
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Severe hepatic impairment;
- Second and third trimesters of pregnancy;
In the opinion of JUnidoks
It promotes bone deposition of insoluble calcium complexes. Therefore, this drug should not be given to children under the age of 8 years. In myasthenia contraindicated intravenous administration of the drug. Exactly the same contraindications and analogues have JUnidoks.
According to the instructions JUnidoks can cause the development of various side effects:
- Loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, swallowing disorders (dysphagia), enterocolitis, diarrhea, pseudomembranous colitis;
- Exfoliative dermatitis, pericarditis, and erythematous maculopapular rash, angioneurotic edema, exacerbation of systemic lupus erythematosus, anaphylactic reactions, photosensitivity, urticaria;
- Liver disease;
- Increasing the residual urea nitrogen;
- Reduced activity protrambinovoy, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, eosinophilia, hemolytic anemia;
- Vestibular disorders, benign intracranial hypertension;
- The development of candidiasis.
Dosing and Administration JUnidoks
JUnidoks taken orally with meals, drinking plenty of water sufficiently. Children 8 years of age and weighing over 50 kg, as well as adult patients on the first day of 100 mg administered twice a day, then the drug given at 100 mg once a day. The course of treatment is from 5 to 10 days. For very severe infections the daily dose throughout the course may be 200 mg.
Children 8 years of age and weighing less than 50 kg on the first day JUnidoks administered at 4 mg / kg per day, more reduce the dosage by half.
Intravenous JUnidoks shown in severe septic diseases, when there is the need to quickly establish a high concentration of the patient's blood antibiotic. As soon as it becomes possible, you should switch to oral JUnidoks.
JUnidoks available as a film-coated tablet, capsule, lyophilized powder for injection.