Itrazol - is an antifungal agent, is widely used in fungal infections of the skin and mucous membranes.
Itrazol available in capsules white 6 and 14 capsules per package. The content of the active ingredient - itraconazole - always 100 mg.
Produced Itrazol domestic pharmaceutical company "Vertex", St. Petersburg.
Analogs Itrazola richly represented in the Russian pharmacy shelves. It Irunine, Rumikoz, Teknazol, Orun, Mikonihol, Kanditral, Orungamin. All of them have the same dosage form - capsule. Among Itrazola analogues may be mentioned and known drug Orungal marketed as a solution for oral administration.
The pharmacologically active ingredient of the drug inhibits the synthesis of ergosterol itraconazole, a member of the cell membrane of the fungus. With this Itrazol active infections caused by:
- dermatophytes (Trichophyton, microspores epidermofiton);
- yeast fungi and yeasts (Cryptococcus, pitirospora, Candida, Aspergillus, Histoplasma capsulatums, sporotriks, kladospora, Blastomyces, and others.).
The instructions to Itrazolu, the following indications:
- ringworm (infectious skin diseases caused by fungi-dermatophytes);
- fungal keratitis (fungal infection of the cornea of the eye);
- onychomycosis (fungal nail infections);
- systemic mycoses, ie fungal diseases, totally amazing body and affect the skin, mucous membranes and internal organs;
- chromophytosis (chronic fungal infection of the horny layer of the epidermis);
- kandidomikoz localization on the skin or mucous membranes of the genitals.
Reviews Itrazole healthcare professionals show the effectiveness of the use of this drug in monotherapy fungal diseases. This is true for analog Itrazola.
Regulations on the use of Itrazolu
The drug is taken by mouth after eating. Multiplicity and duration of administration are given in the instructions for Itrazolu. Depending on the disease duration of reception may vary considerably. This may be a single dose of two capsules (such as when vulvovaginal candidiasis), fifteen cycle receiving one capsule per day (candidiasis oral mucosa, or tinea skin) or months of treatment (ringworm of feet and palms).
Onychomycosis reception treated for a 3 month two capsules 1 time per day, or pulse therapy, according to the table in the instructions to Itrazolu.
Systemic fungal infections are treated with much longer: from 1-2 months to 1 year.
Itrazol has the following contraindications:
- idiosyncrasy of itraconazole;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- co-administration of a number of drugs (terfenadine, astemizole, quinidine, simvastatin, lovastatin, midazolam and triazolam);
- age up to 3 years ex. It should be noted that according to the reviews on Itrazole health workers, its use in pediatric practice, and after 3 years of ex possible only if serious grounds.
On the part of the digestive system Itrazola reception can be paired with dyspepsia, abdominal pain, nausea, jaundice caused by stagnation of bile in the liver, and anorexia (loss of appetite). As part of post-marketing clinical trials recorded very rare reviews Itrazole as drug that can cause severe liver damage.
Possible adverse effects of the drug on the nervous system that can manifest headaches, dizziness, fatigue, neuropathy.
From the circulatory system have been cases of failure of the heart and pulmonary edema.
Other side effects: allergic, dark urine, decreased potassium levels in the blood.
Perhaps some of the above effects of the reception Itrazola and look intimidating, it is not necessary to worry in advance: the likelihood of many of them is within the statistical error. It is only responsive to changes in the functioning of the organism and at the slightest negative sign immediately contact a specialist.
Special instructions for use Itrazola
Women of childbearing age during the course of treatment is recommended to protect Itrazolom until the first menstrual period at the end of therapy.
With a long (more than a month) use of preparations of itraconazole (Itrazol and analogues), as well as their use by persons with a history of liver disease, should continuously monitor the state of the liver and pass appropriate tests. With the development of anorexia, vomiting, pain in the gastrointestinal area and dark urine (these signs are emerging markers of hepatitis B) it is necessary to interrupt the treatment and inform your doctor.
Itrazol related to prescription drugs.
Instructions for storage Itrazolu
Itrazol should be stored in a dry place with no direct sunlight. Keep the refrigerator on the side shelf is not necessary, you can put the package with the drug in the medicine chest. Shelf life - two years.