Itrakon - synthetic antifungal agent used to treat a large group of skin diseases which are caused by pathogenic fungi and yeast.
Active substance Itrakona, triazole derivative, active against dermatophytes, molds and yeasts, including Candida. The drug is effective in the treatment of onychomycosis and systemic mycoses.
Maximum effect from Itrakona seen with the drug inside immediately after eating high-calorie foods. The maximum concentration occurs after 3-4 hours.
Itrakon produced in solid pink with blue cap gelatin capsules.
Each capsule contains 100 mg of active substance - itraconazole. Excipients - sugar and hydroxypropylcellulose.
At 6 and 15 capsules per package.
Itrakon of instructions used in the treatment of fungal infections - diseases that cause parasitic (mold, yeast, and dermatophytes) mushrooms:
- Systemic mycoses - systemic aspergillosis and candidiasis, cryptococcosis;
- Vulvovaginal candidiasis;
- Dermatological and ophthalmic fungal diseases - ringworm, pityriasis versicolor, a fungal keratitis;
- Oral candidiasis.
With weakened immunity under the instruction Itrakon prescribed when treatment with other anti-fungal drugs are ineffective.
According to the instructions, and according to the reviews Itrakon has no other contraindications in addition to sensitivity to the drug and its components.
Instructions for use Itrakon
Itrakon administered orally, optimally - to swallow whole capsules immediately after a high-calorie food.
When vulvovaginal candidiasis commonly prescribed 200 mg Itrakona or 2 times for one day, or one time for three days.
At dermatological and ophthalmological diseases used:
- When pityriasis versicolor treatment is carried out within a week 1 time a day, 200 mg;
- In dermatomycosis treatment is carried out taking the drug 1 times a day for a week, 200 days, or 15 mg, 100 mg;
- When the affected skin with a considerable degree of keratinization (for example, athlete's foot or hands) on the instructions Itrakon take 2 times a day, 200 mg for a week or within a month of 100 mg per day;
- For oral candidiasis 1 time per day taking 100 mg per day techenie15;
- Fungal keratitis treatment was carried out for 3 weeks at 200 mg 1 time per day.
Onychomycosis caused by dermatophytes, or that the yeast, with the defeat of the nail plate toe treated under the scheme - Itrakon take the first, fifth and ninth week on 200 mg 2 times a day, and with the defeat of the nail plate only in the hands of drug taking at the same doses first and the fifth week. In some cases, prescribe uninterrupted treatment for 3 months at the same doses.
Systemic fungal infections are treated Itrakonom depending on the disease:
- Chromomycosis - 6 months of 100-200 mg 1 time a day;
- Candidiasis - from 3 weeks to 7 months of 100-200 mg 1 time a day;
- Aspergillosis - 2, 5 months 1 200 mg once a day;
- Histoplasmosis - 8 months at 200 mg 1-2 times a day;
- Blastomycosis - 6 months 100-200 mg 1-2 times a day;
- Sporotrichosis - 3 months of 100 mg 1 time per day;
- Cryptococcal meningitis - from 2 months to a year of 200 mg 2 times a day;
- Parakokktsidioidomikoz - 6 months, 100 mg 1 time per day;
- Cryptococcosis - from 2 months to a year of 200 mg 1 time per day.
In the cases of pathologies of the immune system dose may be doubled due to the reduction of bioavailability Itrakona.
Itrakon may cause the following side effects:
- Constipation, indigestion, stomach pain, nausea;
- Hepatitis, anorexia;
- Rhinitis, pruritus, rash, sinusitis, urticaria;
- pulmonary edema;
- Stevens - Johnson;
- congestive heart failure.
In the opinion of Itrakon rarely causes:
- Dizziness, fatigue, neutropenia, peripheral neuropathy;
- Leukopenia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia;
- Serum sickness, anaphylactoid and anaphylactic reactions, swelling;
- Disorders of the menstrual cycle;
- Blurred vision, ringing in the ears, a feeling of veil before the eyes.
According to the instructions Itrakon be used with caution in combination with many medicines. While the use of antacids should observe an interval of at least 2 hours between doses.
With reduced gastric acidity, the effectiveness of Itrakona Review worsens.
Itrakon contains sugar, which should be considered for patients with diabetes.
The drug is not advisable to take in congestive heart failure.
In cirrhosis Itrakon Review digested worse, so you need to adjust the dose.
Women in the application Itrakona need to use reliable contraception during treatment.
The drug is not indicated during pregnancy and lactation and children, because of insufficient clinical research.
Itrakon available without a prescription. Shelf life - 3 years.