Hydrea - synthetic anticancer drug.
Hydrea has antitumor effect and is used as a monotherapy or in combination with other cytotoxic agents.
Hydrea produced in the form of capsules containing 500 mg hydroxycarbamide. 100 pieces per pack.
Hydrea of instructions used in the treatment of:
- Hodgkin's disease;
- Acute and chronic myelogenous leukemia;
- Relapse of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children;
- Tumors of the head and neck when it is impossible or radiotherapy radical surgery;
- Ovarian, colon, lung, prostate;
- Horionkartsinoma uterus;
- Metastasis of breast cancer and stomach;
- Thrombocytosis in myeloproliferative syndrome program;
- Cervical cancer, usually for increasing the effectiveness of radiation therapy;
According to the instructions to use Hydrea is contraindicated in case of:
- Deep anemia;
- Severe leucopenia;
- Acute renal or hepatic failure;
- Pregnancy and lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the Hydrea.
During treatment Hydrea alcohol is not recommended.
Hydrea is used alone or in combination with other cytotoxic drugs or radiotherapy.
Hydrea according to the instructions recommended to take before meals. For taking the drug, you can choose one of two schemes:
- If intermittent, which is often used in combination with radiation therapy in the combined treatment of large tumors take 80 mg per 1 kg of body weight once every 3 days. This method Hydrea Review has advantages for reducing toxicity;
- When continuous mode Hydrea taken daily 20-30 mg per 1 kg of body weight once.
The duration of treatment Hydrea by instructions determined individually.
Chemotherapy conducted reviews of Hydrea usually transferred relatively easily.
In rare cases, the use of the drug can be observed:
- Leukopenia, anemia and thrombocytopenia;
- Dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, hallucinations, headache, convulsions;
- Constipation, stomatitis, nausea, vomiting, anorexia, diarrhea, rarely - impaired liver function;
- Difficulty urinating, rarely - renal dysfunction;
- Diffuse pulmonary infiltrates, accompanied by shortness of breath and fever;
- Fever, and chills.
Allergic skin reactions manifesting as rash maculo-papular, and erythema, while taking Hydrea by reviews are extremely rare. The use Hydrea in combination with radiation therapy usually leads to increased severity of side effects, manifested as bone marrow aplasia and digestive disorders.
Hydrea available only by prescription, the recommended shelf life of the capsules - 5 years.