Heleks - anxiolytic, tranquilizer.
Structure and Composition Heleksa
Heleks produced in the form of tablets. One tablet contains active substance - alprazolam 0, 25, 0, 5, or 1 mg.
Auxiliary components: colorants, magnesium stearate, lactose, corn starch, polysorbate 80, crospovidone, povidone.
15 tablets in the package.
Heleks a tranquilizer benzodiazepine derivative. It has the body sedative, anticonvulsant, anxiolytic, sedative, muscle relaxant and a central light antidepressant action.
Anxiolytic (reduce fear and anxiety) effects Heleksa due to its binding to the CNS benzodiazepine receptors. Antidepressant effects is due to the effect on the adrenergic structures of the brain.
According to the instructions Heleks prescribed in the following cases:
- anxiety and depression;
- anxiety disorders accompanying stress, anxiety, danger, agitation, insomnia, irritability and somatic disorders;
- withdrawal syndrome in chronic alcoholism;
- panic disorder;
- anxiety and depression on the background of systemic diseases.
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- age less than 18 years;
- acute form of angle-closure glaucoma;
- expressed by the human kidney and liver;
- acute respiratory failure;
- Hypersensitivity to alprazolam or to other components of the drug.
Not recommended for patients under Heleks:
- psychomotor retardation;
- primary symptoms of depression;
- severe depression with suicidal tendencies;
- bipolar depression with psychotic symptoms.
All patients with depressive disorders have while taking Heleksa be under strict medical supervision in order to avoid increased suicidal tendencies.
With extreme caution should be used Heleks renal impairment, and liver in patients with respiratory failure.
During the reception Heleksa not recommended to drink alcohol, as may increase depressant effects on the central nervous system.
Dosing and dosing regimen Heleksa
The optimum dosage of the doctor prescribes medication individually, depending on the efficiency of the treatment and the clinical situation.
In depressive and anxiety disorders in adults Heleks usually administered in an initial dose 0, 25-0, 5 mg three times a day. Elderly patients assigned to 0, 25 mg twice a day. Supportive dosage for adults is 0, 5-4 mg per day, for elderly patients - 0, 5-0, 75 mg per day, divided into two or three doses.
When panic disorders initial dose of the drug is 0, 5-2 mg three times a day. It is not recommended to increase the dosage of more than 1 mg for three days. Maintenance Dosage - 4-10 mg daily, divided into three portions.
If you need to receive Heleksa at higher doses, the increase should be gradual, with caution. First, increase the dosage for an evening reception after - for the day.
If at the beginning of therapy undesirable side effects are observed, it is necessary to reduce the dosage.
Do not abruptly stop taking the drug, because it is fraught with withdrawal syndrome. Heleks lifted gradually over a long period of time, reducing the dosage of not more than 0 25 mg every three days.
Side effects Heleksa
Application Heleksa may cause the following undesirable side effects:
- Urinary system: chronic administration may be delayed, or urinary incontinence, decreased libido and sexual dysfunction.
- Central and peripheral nervous system: drowsiness, dizziness, poor concentration, dystonia, anorexia, loss of coordination, memory loss, fatigue, seizures, sedation, speech disorders. In exceptional cases, possible nightmares, irritability, nervous irritability and insomnia.
- Other side effects include muscle weakness, jaundice, hyperprolactinemia, itchy skin, changes in body weight.
The most common side effects are temporary.
Chronic administration Heleksa possible development of drug dependence.
Overdose symptoms Heleksom following:
- depression of consciousness of varying severity;
- depression of respiratory function;
- heart failure and breathing.
In the case of an overdose the patient must be Heleksom cause vomiting or gastric lavage, activated charcoal and take hold symptomatic treatment.
In severe cases of overdose, particularly for respiratory failure, it is necessary to apply a specific benzodiazepine receptor antagonist - flumazenil.
Applications in Pediatrics Heleksa
Efficacy and safety of the children studied Heleksa on inadequate, it is not recommended to use the drug to persons younger than 18 years.
When Heleksa combination with other psychotropic drugs (opioids, barbiturates, antidepressants, antipsychotics, antihistamines, anticonvulsants, ethanol) may increase depressant effects on the central nervous system.
Storage conditions Heleksa
Keep it in a dry, dark place at room temperature of not more than five years.