Haliksol - a drug belonging to the group mucolytic and expectorant drugs.
Pharmacological action Haliksola
The main active ingredient of the drug is ambroxol - bromhexine metabolite in active form, belonging to the group of the benzylamine mucolytics.
Haliksol contributes to liquefaction of mucus due to its ability to enhance production and increase the activity of hydrolytic enzymes that break down the relationship between the elements of sputum (mucopolysaccharides).
In addition, the use of Haliksola reduces viscosity and adhesive properties of sputum due to the ability of the drug to stimulate the glands and serous cells of the bronchial mucosa and normalize the ratio of serous and mucous components of phlegm.
Also Haliksol can increase mucociliary transport that increases motor activity of ciliated epithelium.
The drug reduces spastic bronchial hyperreactivity without causing excessive secretion and increases the production of surfactant.
The effect of receiving Haliksola noticeable within 30 minutes after application.
The drug is available in pharmacies Haliksol networks in two different forms:
- Tablet color close to white. Flat, rounded on one side, and the risk is engraved with the letter "E" on the other hand - engraved "231". The smell does not possess. The tablets are packaged in blisters of 10 pieces each, which are sealed in cardboard boxes in the amount of two pieces.
- as a syrup whose color is close to a pale yellow. Syrup transparent, without the ability to form a precipitate has a characteristic odor. Packaged in glass vials dark 100ml. Sold with a measured glass, sealed in a cardboard box.
Instruction Haliksolu prescribes taking the drug in the following cases:
- acute and chronic respiratory diseases, for which is accompanied by formation of viscous mucus. These include: asthma, bronchitis, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, bronchiectasis;
- inflammatory diseases of upper respiratory tract (including otitis, sinusitis) with the aim of thinning mucus.
As stated in many reviews about Haliksole, the drug is not recommended for use in the following cases:
- ulcerative lesions of the gastrointestinal tract;
- during the I trimester of pregnancy;
- in case of hypersensitivity to the active components of the preparation (and Bromhexine ambroxol);
- if the age of the patient be 5 years should be preferred Haliksolu syrup.
It should also be noted that severe renal insufficiency is not a contraindication, but the use of drugs in this situation should be done under medical supervision in a minimum resolution of doses.
Instructions for use Haliksola
Haliksol should be taken after a meal with a small amount of water. Medical reviews Haliksole noted the need abundant fluid intake throughout the course of treatment, thereby thinning mucus.
Depending on the age of the patients receiving the medication scheme differs.
Children and adults over the age of 12 years, it is recommended to take the pills Haliksola 1 pc. three times a day for the first two or three days of treatment. Then - one tablet twice a day or three times by half. The syrup should be 10 ml three times a day for the first two-three days. In the future - to reduce the frequency of receiving up to 2 times, leaving the amount received Haliksola the same. It is also possible to take 5 ml thrice daily. Severe disease can be a cause to save the original dose over the entire course of treatment.
Children from 5 to 12 years old should take half a tablet Haliksola 2 or 3 times a day. Receiving syrup is 5 ml of the same frequency. The form of a syrup is preferred for children under 5 years.
Kids from 2 to 5 years Haliksol assigned in the form of syrup. Dosage amounts of 2, 5 ml thrice daily.
Up to 2 years old children should take 2, 5 ml twice daily.
Typically, the duration of reception Haliksola is not more than 4-5 days. The decision to extend the deadline for receiving must be made solely by the doctor.
Side effects Haliksola
While the drug was generally well tolerated, instructions to Haliksolu warns about the possibility of adverse effects. The list is as follows:
- headache, and / or weakness;
- dryness of the mouth, vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, constipation, gastralgia;
- rhinorrhea, dry airways;
- urticaria, rash;
Haliksol should not be taken together with cough medicines, which can lead to difficulties in sputum.
The drug must be used with caution in patients who have impaired motor function of bronchi or there is excessive sputum production with a low degree of viscosity, as high probability of stagnation of bronchial secretions.
Patients with diabetes should be aware that non-specific Haliksol contains sweeteners, sodium cyclamate, and sorbitol in small amounts.
As part of the preparation is not alcohol.
Application Haliksola during breastfeeding should be suspended, since the drug is excreted in breast milk.
An overdose of the drug is able to cause occurrence of nausea, diarrhea, vomiting, dyspepsia. As treatment is recommended gastric lavage, drinking plenty of fluids, as well as the ingestion of products containing a high percentage of body fat.
Haliksol Tablets should be stored at room temperature, away from sunlight and reach of children. Shelf life when stored properly is 5 years.
Syrup should be stored at a temperature of 15-22 ° C, and far from the reach of children. Shelf life - up to 5 years.