Groprinosin, the active ingredient inosine pranobex (inosine pranobex) - antiviral, immune-boosting drugs.
Groprinosin recommended for use where there is little natural immune defenses in patients.
Pharmacological action Groprinosin
Groprinosin has antiviral and immunostimulatory effects on the body due to the combination of inosine and a salt of 4-atsetamidobenzoynoy acid with N, N-dimethylamino-2-propanol, the molar ratio of 1: 3.
Inosine is present in the formulation defines the efficiency of the complex and improves accessibility for lymphocytes second component in Groprinosin. Stimulating the biochemical processes in macrophages preparation promotes increased production of interleukins, enhance antibody production and stimulates the production of cytokines result of lymphocyte proliferation.
Application Groprinosin reduces clinical manifestations of viral diseases, accelerate recovery, improve the resistance of the organism.
As an auxiliary drug in the case of infectious skin and mucous virus Herpes simplex, Groprinosin promotes faster healing of damaged surfaces. It reduces the appearance of new bubbles, edema, erosion, relapse of the disease.
Because of its low toxicity Groprinosin well tolerated in elderly patients and patients with chronic heart failure and angina.
Timely application Groprinosin reduces the incidence of viral infection and reduce the severity and duration of illness.
Form release Groprinosin
Groprinosin - white pills, lenticular. On one side of risk division. Surface tablets uniform, smooth, with no damage and stains.
One tablet contains Groprinosin main active substance - inosine pranobex (500 mg) Excipients: potato starch (85 mg), polyvinylpyrrolidone K25 (45 mg), magnesium stearate (10 mg).
Packing 10 pcs. in blister packs, cardboard boxes of 2 and 5 blisters.
The analogue Groprinosina of the active ingredient - the tablets Isoprinosine.
Analogs Groprinosina close mechanism and effects belonging to the same pharmacological subgroup:
- Tablets - Alpizarin, Amiksin, Arbidol, Amizon, Viracept, Giporamin, Isentress, Jodantipyrin, Kagocel, Lavomax, Nikavir, Ergoferon, Poliferon-CD4, Tselzentri, Tilaksin, tilorona;
- Capsules - Arbidol, Ingavirin, tilorona, ORVItol NP;
- Vaginal suppositories - Giporamin, Panavir;
- Rectal suppositories - Giporamin, Panavir;
- Powder for oral - Viracept, Lirasept;
- Nasal Ointment - oxoline;
- Gel for local and external use - Panavir;
- Preparations for solution for injection, infusion, inhalation - Allokin alpha lyophilisate Armenikum, Giporamin, Panavir, Fuzeon;
- The liquid extract for topical application and oral - Proteflazid;
- The solution for intramuscular injection - Ferrovir.
According to the instructions, Groprinosin recommended for acceptance in the case of immunodeficiency states of the body, caused by viral infections, normal or weakened immunity.
Groprinosin, according to instructions, shall be appointed in the case of:
- Diseases caused by viruses Herpes simplex I and II of different localization;
- Subacute sclerosing panencephalitis.
According to the instructions, Groprinosin does not apply to:
- Chronic renal failure;
- During the period of lactation;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Not assigned Groprinosin children under 3 years of age or weighing less than 15-20 kg.
The drug should be prescribed with caution when taken with diuretics, zidovudine, xanthine oxidase inhibitors, as well as in the case of acute renal failure.
Dosing Groprinosin, according to instructions - inside after eating 3-4 times a day at regular intervals of 6 or 8 hours with a little water.
Adults - 3-4 grams (6-8 tablets) per day, children - a rate of 50 mg per 1 kg infant weight per day.
When applying Groprinosin in children and adults in the case of severe infectious diseases permitted to increase the dose up to 100 mg / kg body weight per day, but only individually and under control of the attending physician.
Apply Groprinosin usually 5 days, with complications in the course of the disease can extend the reception. The treatment is repeated if necessary after an interval of 8 days.
As immunostimulant drug is prescribed for reception within 3-9 weeks of daily or 3 times per week, the dose rate of 50 mg / kg body weight per day.
Drug interaction Groprinosin
In an application with immunosuppressants Groprinosina attenuated immunostimulatory efficacy of the drug.
Groprinosin, according to instructions, should be taken with caution when taken with:
- Xanthine oxidase inhibitor (allopurinol), loop diuretics (torasemide, furosemide, ethacrynic acid). They increase the concentration of uric acid in the serum;
- Zidovudine. Groprinosin zidovudine increases the concentration in plasma and its half-life period.
Side effects Groprinosin
Application Groprinosin, reviews, causes adverse reactions mainly at the beginning of treatment.
The most common adverse events of application Groprinosin, reviews - decreased appetite, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea. Other reactions - a slight allergy, insignificant increase in the concentration of uric acid in the blood and urine.
Studies of the effect on psychomotor Groprinosin application were not conducted, therefore it is necessary to be careful about driving and other mechanisms during treatment, as the use of Groprinosina, reviews may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
Keep out of the reach of children, protected from light, dry place. The temperature is not above 25 ° C. Shelf life - 3 years from date of manufacture.