Chorionic Gonadotropin - hormonal drug, which is isolated from the urine of pregnant women. Widely used for prevention and treatment of infertility, it stimulates ovulation in females and spermatogenesis in males.
Chorionic gonadotropin - a hormone that releases the placenta during pregnancy. Refers to a gonadotropin hormone, it has differences in amino acid sequence.
Gonadotropin hormone is released from the first weeks of pregnancy, and is used in tests for the early stages of pregnancy. Number hormone increases sharply in women during the first 11 weeks of pregnancy, and then gradually decreases. The decrease of the hormone in the first trimester of pregnancy may indicate the possibility of spontaneous miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
The presence of gonadotropin in men and non-pregnant women suggests hormonal disorders or malignancies.
Chorionic gonadotropin preparation has FSH and gonadotropin-releasing (LH mostly), stimulates ovulation, spermatogenesis, development of sexual organs and the synthesis of sex hormones in the ovaries.
Gonadotropin releasing a sterile white powder for intramuscular injection.
Included 3 or 5 vials and ampoules for preparation of injections with a solution of sodium chloride. Each vial of 5 ml contains 500 IU, 1000 IU, 1500 IU or 2000 IU hormone.
Indications for use of gonadotropins
Gonadotropin widely used for the treatment of sexual functions of men and women who are associated with pituitary insufficiency and hypogonadal. Also, the indication is the decline in gonadal function, which is caused by a violation of the hypothalamus and pituitary disease Simmonds, hypogonadotropic hypogonadism with signs evnuhoidizma, panhypopituitarism any etiology, Sheehan's syndrome, and others.
Indications for the treatment of gonadotropin in women are:
- Menstrual irregularities;
- Infertility, which is due to the lack of ovulation, hormonal disorders or failure of the corpus luteum;
- Ovarian dysfunction;
- Miscarriage and risk of miscarriage;
- Dysfunctional uterine bleeding that occurs in women of childbearing age.
Gonadotropin is also widely used for the treatment of men and boys in the cases:
- Genetic disorders associated with underdevelopment of the external genitalia;
- Sexual infantilism, or underdevelopment;
- If cryptorchidism (absence in the scrotum of one or two testicles);
- With obesity caused by dysfunction of the gonads;
- In case of delay of growth and development caused by dysfunction of the pituitary gland.
Contraindications for the use of gonadotropin hormone include:
- Hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Various kinds of tumors, including pituitary and gonads;
- Congenital absence or postoperative sexual glands;
- Ovarian Cancer;
- Early menopause;
- Obstruction of the fallopian tubes.
According to the reviews of the gonadotropin with caution should be used drug in adolescence, chronic renal insufficiency, thrombophlebitis and coronary heart disease.
Instructions for use of human chorionic gonadotropin
The hormone gonadotropin administered only intramuscularly, throwing it directly before injection.
- For ovulation induction, superovulation (during assisted reproductive activities) are usually given a single injection of the drug for 5000-10000 U;
- When habitual miscarriage or threat of miscarriage in the first day of treatment administered to 10,000 units, then 2 times a week for 5,000 units. Course - up to and including 14 weeks of pregnancy after diagnosis;
- In order to stimulate the function of the corpus luteum treatment is carried out at 3, 6 and 9 days after ovulation (in 1500-5000 IU once).
Men and boys:
- In case of delay of sexual development in boys treatment is 3 months, 1 time per week (3000-5000 ME);
- In the treatment of sexual dysfunction in men - 1 time per day 2-3 times a week (500-2000 U). The course is calculated individually from 1, 5 to 3 months;
- When hypogonadotropic hypogonadism - 1 time per week in combination with menotropinami (at 1500-6000 IU);
- For the diagnosis of cryptorchidism and anorchia - 5000 IU once.
In men, the application of gonadotropin may experience swelling, increase the sensitivity of the nipple of the breast, reducing the number of sperm in the ejaculate, and increase testicle in the inguinal canal.
In women during infertility treatment gonadotropin hormone may develop ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome.
According to the reviews of the gonadotropin, in the period of treatment may cause allergies, improve fatigue, appear irritability, anxiety and depression.
It should be noted that long-term use of the drug in cryptorchidism may lead to degeneration of the gonads, while adolescent boys may precocious puberty. Also, long-term use of the drug may develop antibodies and multiple pregnancy.
Women after the drug gonadotropin during the first seven days of possible erroneous results of pregnancy tests.
Gonadotropin related to drugs List B and released only in pharmacies prescription. Storage - at temperatures not exceeding 20 ° C.