Glyukovans - combined hypoglycemic (lowering the level of glucose in the blood) formulation intended for oral administration.
The structure includes two Glyukovansa hypoglycemic agents which belong to different pharmacological groups - glibenclamide and metformin.
Glibenclamide is a drug substance belonging to the group of sulfonylureas. Glibenclamide reduces glucose by acting on the beta cells of the pancreas that stimulates secretion of insulin.
The properties of metformin due to such mechanisms of action Glyukovansa as reduced glucose production by the liver; enhancing insulin sensitivity of peripheral receptors; increasing the consumption and utilization of glucose in muscle cells; delay glucose absorption in the digestive tract. Metformin, unlike glibenclamide, does not stimulate the production of insulin, resulting in not causing hypoglycemia.
Glyukovans beneficial effect on the lipid composition of the blood, lowering LDL cholesterol, total cholesterol and triglycerides.
Thanks to a combination of glibenclamide and metaforina that complement each other, has Glyukovans summing effect in lowering blood glucose.
The drug user Glyukovans recommended for Type II diabetes in adults in the following cases:
- when diet therapy, exercise, or prior therapy with metformin or sulfonylureas proved ineffective;
- in patients with well-controlled and stable level of glucose (blood glucose) to replace previous therapy sulfonylurea and metformin (two drugs).
The efficacy of the drug with insulin dependent diabetes confirm the positive reviews about Glyukovanse.
Instructions for use Glyukovansa
Glyukovans produced in the form of tablets, film-coated containing 2, 5 mg of glibenclamide and 500 mg metformin and 5 mg of glibenclamide and 500 mg of metformin.
Glyukovansa dose is determined by the level of glucose in the physician individually for each patient.
According to the instructions Glyukovansu, initial dose corresponds to 1 tablet every dose that should be taken one time a day. Increasing the dose may not be earlier than two weeks later, on 1 tablet (5 mg / 500 mg) per day. To achieve control of blood glucose level increase Glyukovansa recommended dose every 14 days or more.
By substituting previous treatment with two drugs Glyukovansa initial dose administered in an amount not exceeding the daily dose of the previously received glibenclamide and metformin. Every 14 days or more correction dosing regime is conducted on the basis of the level of glycemia.
Accept User Glyukovans recommended in accordance with the recommendations of the physician, without exceeding the maximum daily dose corresponding to 4 tablets (5 mg / 500 mg) or 6 tablets (two 5 mg / 500 mg).
When you assign one tablet Glyukovansa taking the drug should be in the morning during meals. At a daily dose corresponding to 2 or 4 tablets, the drug is made in the morning and evening - twice a day. Multiplicity of reception Glyukovansa increase up to three times in the case of appointment of 3, 5 or 6 tablets. The drug should be taken with food, rich in carbohydrates, in order to reduce the risk of hypoglycemia.
Elderly patients should start treatment with one tablet (2, 5 mg / 500 mg) Glyukovansa, further adjusting the dose based on renal function.
Use of the drug Glyukovans, reviews confirm, can cause the following adverse effects:
- skin and hepatic porphyria (violation of pigment metabolism with increased levels of porphyrins in the blood), lactic acidosis (high levels of lactic acid in the blood), decreased levels of urea, sodium and kreatenina plasma, hypoglycemia, impaired absorption of cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) and as a result , reducing its level;
- thrombocytopenia (increased bleeding due to low platelet count), agranulocytosis (decrease of neutrophils in the blood), leukopenia (low white blood cell count), megaloblastic and hemolytic anemia (a decrease in the level of hemoglobin in the blood), bone marrow aplasia (decrease in blood-forming tissue), pancytopenia (low levels of blood cells);
- nausea, vomiting, anorexia, disturbance chair, epigastric pain, hepatitis, abnormal liver function;
- hives, rashes, itching, allergic vasculitis (inflammation of the walls of small blood vessels), photosensitivity, Stevens-Johnson syndrome (occurrence of blisters on the mucous membranes of some organs), anaphylactic shock, eksfoliaktivny (the whole integument) dermatitis.
Also reviews of Glyukovanse informed of a possible violation of view, change in taste, disulfiramopodobnyh reaction (extremely negative feelings when taking drugs that are not compatible with alcohol).
Lactic acidosis when using Glyukovansa may manifest as dyspepsia (painful and difficult digestion), seizures, hypoxia, dyspnea, reduction of body temperature, and coma. The development of these symptoms requires discontinuation of the drug. Reviews Glyukovanse suggest that lactic acidosis often develops in patients with poorly controlled diabetes, impaired liver, ketosis (increased levels of ketones), long hungry drinkers.
Admission Glyukovansa should stop when symptoms of hypoglycemia: high blood pressure, tachycardia, irrational fear, sweating, headache, depression, weakness, convulsions. Increase the risk of hypoglycemia when used Glyukovansa increased physical activity, fasting, alcohol, low intake of carbohydrates, the endocrine system and the human liver and kidneys.
The drug Glyukovans instruction is prohibited in:
- diabetic ketoacidosis, coma and precoma,
- diabetes of the first type;
- abnormal liver function or liver failure;
- renal dysfunction or renal failure;
- acute conditions that may trigger a change in renal function;
- intravascular administration of iodine-containing contrast agents;
- respiratory failure;
- congestive heart failure;
- myocardial infarction;
- lactic acidosis;
- conditions requiring insulin therapy;
- chronic alcoholism, acute alcohol intoxication;
- simultaneous administration of miconazole;
- Hypersensitivity to the Glyukovansa.
According to the instructions, Glyukovans considered fit for 3 years from the date of manufacture when stored at the temperature not exceeding 30