Gizaar - combined antihypertensive drug.
Pharmacological action Gizaara
Active ingredient Gizaara have hypotensive and diuretic action and lowers blood pressure to a greater degree than each of the components contained in the drug alone.
The drug is released in the form:
- Yellow coated oval tablets Gizaar (engraved with "717"), containing 50 mg of losartan potassium and 12, 5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide. On 7 and 14 pieces in blister;
- Oval film-coated tablet White Gizaar Forte (engraved with "745"), containing 100 mg of losartan potassium and 12, 5 mg of hydrochlorothiazide. 7 and 10 in the blister units.
Excipients Gizaara - pregelatinized starch, lactose, water, microcrystalline cellulose, and magnesium stearate.
According to the instructions Gizaar is indicated for use:
- When hypertension;
- To reduce the risk of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality in hypertension and left ventricular hypertrophy.
Gizaar contraindicated for instructions apply when:
- Hypersensitivity to sulfonamides and derivatives of any of the components Gizaara;
- Severe disorders of the kidneys and liver.
During pregnancy, especially in the 2 and 3 trimesters take Gizaar contraindicated, since the drug can lead to irreversible pathology and fetal death. At the reception Gizaara recommended to interrupt breastfeeding. Because of the lack of objective data on the safety of the drug children take Gizaar under the age of 18 years is not recommended.
In addition, Gizaar should be taken with caution in:
- Hypercalcemia, hyperuricemia and gout;
- Bronchial asthma;
- Disruption of water and electrolyte balance of blood - with hyponatremia, hypochloremic alkalosis, hypomagnesemia and hypokalemia;
- Systemic connective tissue diseases;
Instructions Gizaara: methods of use
According to the instructions, drug taking, regardless of the meal.
When hypertension is usually prescribed one tablet a day Gizaara. Usually, stable antihypertensive effect is reached during the first 3 weeks of treatment. If the expected reduction in blood pressure does not come for a month, you should increase the dose and take 2 tablets Gizaara or 1 tablet per day Gizaar Forte. In old age, dosage adjustment is usually not necessary.
In case of overdose the most likely to develop significant decrease in blood pressure, bradycardia, and tachycardia. At simultaneous reception Gizaara with nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs may reduce the hypotensive effect of the therapy. Gizaar for instructions, if necessary, can be taken together with other antihypertensive agents.
In the opinion of Gizaar well tolerated. The most common adverse effects of the drug are weakness, fatigue and dizziness. Besides Gizaar Review can cause:
- Anaphylactic reactions, angioedema including swelling of the throat, face, lips and tongue;
- Urticaria, increased light and photosensitivity;
- Hepatitis, diarrhea.
Gizaar refers to a number of prescription drugs to the recommended shelf life while respecting the right temperature for 3 years.