Flomax - synthetic bronchodilator drug.
The active component has Flomax bronchodilator effect.
As a result of Spiriva significantly reduced bronchial smooth muscle spasm, while (when used in therapeutic doses) preparation does not cause systemic side effects of anticholinergic drugs group. The action depends on the dose of the drug.
After application of the therapeutic effect of single doses occurs within an hour, and during the day there is a significant improvement in lung function. Such a prolonged action Spiriva associated with delayed release (compared to ipratropium bromide) in connection with the M3 receptors.
Expressed bronchodilator effect occurs, usually on the third day of the application of Flomax.
Furthermore, as a result of therapy significantly reduces the frequency of exacerbations of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and an improvement in quality of life during the treatment period.
Spiriva formulation is manufactured as a light green solid gelatin capsules containing white powder for inhalation. One capsule contains 18 mg of active substance - tiotropium bromide. 10 capsules in blister packs supplied with an inhaler HandiHaler.
Analogues Flomax by active ingredient is not released.
The closest analogue of Flomax by the method steps:
- The aerosol inhalation - Atrovent H Ipravent, Truvent, troventola;
- The solution for inhalations - Atrovent, Ster-Neb Ipramol, ipratropium Ster-Neb.
According to the instructions Flomax prescribed as maintenance therapy in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, including:
- Chronical bronchitis.
Spiriva is contraindicated for instructions apply:
- In the first trimester of pregnancy;
- At the age of 18;
- With increased sensitivity to components Spiriva and atropine or derivative thereof.
The drug Flomax is prescribed with caution in:
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Bladder neck obstruction.
When using Flomax should take into account that the drug should not be used for the relief of acute attacks of bronchospasm.
According to the instructions Flomax is used once a day one capsule inhaled. For the inhalation you should use only an inhaler HandiHaler, which is attached to complete a drug. To increase the efficiency of Spiriva formulation should be applied at the same time.
People in old age may use a drug in the same way.
If the kidney function dose adjustment is required only in cases of simultaneous admission to the funds that are more the kidneys.
When Flomax overdose may appear symptoms that are characteristic of anticholinergic drugs action:
- Violations of accommodation;
- Dry mouth;
- Increased heart rate.
If you accidentally taking Flomax capsules inside the likelihood of acute toxicity is very low because of the low bioavailability of the drug.
Inhalation using Spiriva capsules can be combined with other drugs that are commonly prescribed for the treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, namely:
- Oral and inhaled glucocorticoid means;
- Methylxanthine derivatives.
Side effects Flomax
The use of Spiriva reviews can lead to the following offenses:
- Digestive system - a small dry mouth, oral candidiasis, constipation, gastroesophageal reflux. These disorders often disappear on their own, and discontinuation of therapy or specific treatment is required;
- Cardiovascular - palpitations and tachycardia;
- Urinary system - urinary tract infections, difficulty urinating and urinary retention (especially in males in the presence of predisposition);
- Respiratory system - bronchospasm, epistaxis, hoarseness, cough, and in rare cases - local throat irritation;
- Central nervous system - dizziness.
In rare cases, the application of Flomax reviews are developing:
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Supraventricular tachycardia;
- Ileus (in some instances - paralytic ileus);
- Blurred vision;
- Atrial fibrillation;
The most likely allergic reactions when using Flomax for reviews include hypersensitivity reactions, rash, pruritus and urticaria.
After inhalation Flomax in some cases may develop immediate hypersensitivity reactions or bronchospasm.
Flomax related to a number of bronchodilator drugs, for holidays that require a prescription.
Shelf life of capsules - no more than 2 years. When storing the drug Flomax should not be frozen.
After opening the blister must be used within nine days.
Term of use of the device HandiHaler - 1 year.