Flag - drug with antiprotozoal and antibacterial effect, intended for local use in gynecological practice.
The product contains the active ingredient - metronidazole. The mechanism of action of the flag lies in its ability to induce biochemical restoration of 5-nitro group of metronidazole by intracellular transport proteins of the cells of protozoa and anaerobic microorganisms. The result is inhibition of synthesis of amino acids or protozoa cells of microorganisms, and as a consequence, their destruction.
Flagyl has a broad spectrum antibacterial and antiprotozoal activities. It has a high activity against Trichomonas vaginalis, Entamoeba histolytica, Lamblia intestinalis, Giardia intestinalis, and obligate anaerobes (Bacteroides spp., B.distasonis, B.ovatus, B.fragilis, B.vulgatus, B.thetaiotaomicron), Clostridium spp ., Fusobacterium spp., Peptococcus spp., Peptostreptococcus spp., sensitive strains Eubacterium.
In the systemic circulation falls 20% received the drug plasma concentration is 12% of the dose once. The half-life - 8-12 hours. It binds to plasma proteins in an amount of about 20%.
Indications for use of the flag
According to the instructions to flagyl, the drug is indicated for:
- topical treatment of Trichomonas vaginitis and nonspecific;
- preventing the development of anaerobic infections in the case of surgical intervention in the abdominal and pelvic organs.
Contraindications to the use of the flag
The instructions to flagyl contain the following contraindications:
- Hypersensitivity to imidazoles;
- organic CNS including epilepsy;
- blood diseases (including history);
- impaired coordination of movements;
- pregnancy, lactation;
- hepatic insufficiency.
Flag is intended for intravaginal use. Available in the form of suppositories. Used only in adults.
According to the instructions for dosage for flagyl trichomonas vaginitis is 1 suppository per day. The average duration of treatment - 10 days. It should be combined with oral metronidazole.
Dosage nonspecific vaginitis is 1 suppository twice daily. The course lasts a week. If necessary, it can also be connected metronidazole orally. Be sure the parallel treatment of sexual partner, regardless of whether he symptoms.
Therapy flagyl and peers should not last more than 10 days, and the course is repeated more than 3 times a year.
Side effects Flags
Upon receipt of the flag of account following side effects:
- from the gastrointestinal tract: a metallic taste in the mouth, nausea, dry mouth, glossitis, anorexia, stomatitis, anorexia, pancreatitis, diarrhea, vomiting, epigastric pain;
- by the National Assembly: dizziness, headache, incoordination, irritability, confusion, irritability, depression, convulsions, insomnia, peripheral neuropathy, hallucinations;
- Allergic reactions: skin flushing, hives, fever, allergic rhinitis;
- From the urinary system: cystitis, polyuria, dysuria, candidiasis, urinary incontinence, urine staining in brown color;
- the reaction of the local nature: burning sensation in the genital area, vulva;
- Others: neutropenia, leukopenia, flattening of the T wave on the electrocardiogram.
Side effects are often the cause of the negative reviews of flagyl. To prevent them use the drug only after medical consultation and detailed study of the instructions in the flagyl.
Upon receipt of the flag of alcohol is contraindicated, as can develop an effect similar to disulfiram (vomiting, a burning sensation, tachycardia).
long-term use of the flag should monitor hematologic parameters. With the development of leukopenia, the further use of the drug depends on the risk of infection.
During the treatment of trichomonas vaginitis should refrain from sexual intercourse. During menstruation flagyl treatment should not be withdrawn.
When neurological symptoms treatment with this drug should be discontinued.
Part of the flag metronidazole has the ability to immobilize Treponema, which may lead to false positive reactions Nelson.
Interaction with other drugs Flag
Flagyl is an intolerance of ethanol.
The simultaneous use of flags with disulfiram can cause neurological symptoms.
The drug enhances the effect of indirect anticoagulants, increases the plasma concentration of lithium, cyclosporine, busulfan.
Simultaneous treatment with phenobarbital, phenytoin may accelerate the elimination of flags.
Not recommended combination of flags with non-depolarizing muscle relaxants, in particular - vecuronium bromide.
The use of the flag in pregnancy
Contraindicated use of flags during pregnancy and lactation.
Reviews of flagyl
The drug has a high protivotrihomonadnoy and antibacterial efficacy proven in a number of clinical trials, so most of the reviews of doctors flagyl positive. Subject to the advice and dosage regimen is well tolerated the drug fairly.
There are analogues of the following flags: Batsimeks, Deflamon, Metrovagin, Clione, Metrogin, Metroksan, Metron, Metrolaker, Metronidazole, Metronidal, Orvagin, Metroseptol, Rosamet, Rozeks, Siptrogil, trichomes IDUs Trichopolum, Trihobrol, Efloran, Trihosept.