Fish oil - a drug of animal origin, provider A and D-vitamins and lipid-lowering effect.
The active ingredient in fish oil have hypolipidemic, A and D-vitamin and expressed to a lesser extent, vasodilating action.
Effect of the drug is determined by a combination of vitamins A and D.
Vitamin A is essential for:
- Metabolic processes in the skin and mucous membranes;
- Ensure the integrity of epithelial tissues;
- The formation of visual pigments, providing normal twilight and color vision;
- Bone growth.
Vitamin D, which is part of Fish Oil:
- It regulates the metabolism and improves the absorption of Ca2 + and phosphate in the intestine;
- Influences on the process of building the structure of the bones.
Furthermore, the active ingredient in fish oil are involved in the synthesis of leukotriene arachidonic acid and Pg, and also lower serum cholesterol concentrations.
Benefits of Fish Oil
First of all, the use of Fish oil is due to its composition of polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3, namely DHA and EPA. As structural components of cell membranes, these acids help to reduce triglyceride and cholesterol levels in the blood.
In addition, the use of Fish oil is to improve the rheological properties of the blood, metabolism in the body of the digestive tract and reduce platelet aggregation.
Gelatin capsules Fish oil (500 mg) containing a viscous yellow oil.
10 pieces in blister packs.
Fish oil is also discharged in the form of oil intake (cod liver). In bottles of 50, 100, 150, 200, 250 and 500 ml.
Indications Fish Oil
According to the instructions Fish oil is prescribed in the treatment of:
- When lipid metabolism disorders, along with statins, antiplatelet and diet;
- With eye diseases, including xerophthalmia, retinitis pigmentosa, keratomalacia, eczematous lesion age, conjunctivitis.
Application of Fish Oil is indicated for the prevention of:
- Conditions that are caused by lipid metabolism disorders;
- Atherosclerosis and its complications.
Fish oil is also effective for reviews of hypo-and avitaminosis A and D on the background of frequent respiratory diseases, decreased vision, recovery, growth disorders of bones, rickets, breach of the structure of the skin, nails, hair and teeth;
Local fish oil in the form of oil used in the treatment of wounds, thermal and chemical burns of the mucous membranes and skin.
Fish oil capsules are contraindicated to apply at:
- Chronic cholecystitis and pancreatitis, especially in periods of exacerbation;
- Severe injuries and surgery, which is associated with the risk of increasing bleeding time;
- Sensitivity to the components forming part of fish oil capsules.
Also, the use of Fish oil is contraindicated in the following cases:
- When pregnancy;
- During the period of lactation;
- Along with fibrates and oral anticoagulants;
- In childhood.
You should not take fish oil as part of an integrated treatment of cardiovascular diseases, together with the means of influencing the speed of blood clotting.
Dosing Fish Oil
Fish oil capsules taken orally for 1-2 pieces, oil ingestion - 15 ml. Multiplicity of reception - three times a day. It is not recommended to wash down fish oil capsules with hot drinks, so as not to damage the gelatin shell.
According to the instructions Fish oil should be the course of at least three months, after which it is recommended to conduct a complete blood count. Depending on the results, decide on the continuation or cancellation of therapy.
In Pediatrics for children under 12 years are allowed to use Fish oil only in the form of oil. The daily dosage amounts:
- Up to one year - 2, 5-5 ml;
- 1-2 years - 5-10 ml;
- 3-6 years - 10 ml;
- 7-12 years - 10-15 ml.
Outwardly Fish oil according to the instructions is used for lubrication of the affected surfaces and wet dressings in treating burns and wounds.
With an overdose of fish oil on responses can worsen chronic pancreatitis and cholelithiasis. In these cases it is necessary to carry out symptomatic treatment and sometimes requires removal of the drug.
To avoid overdose of vitamins A and D, should not take fish oil along with other multivitamin preparations.
Application of Fish Oil on responses can cause:
- Allergic reactions;
- Aggravation of pancreatitis and chronic cholecystitis;
- The smell of fish from the mouth;
- Reduced blood clotting;
Fish oil is sold without a prescription. Shelf life of capsules and oils - 24 months.