Femoden - combined oral contraceptives for systemic use.
Pharmacological action Femoden
Active components Femoden have a contraceptive effect, which is caused by the inhibition of ovulation and changes in cervical mucus secretion.
In addition, the application helps Femoden Review:
- Normalization cycle;
- Reduce painful menstruation;
- Decrease in the intensity of bleeding (which reduces the risk of iron deficiency anemia).
Femoden instructions on does not protect against HIV and other diseases that are transmitted through sexual contact.
Femoden produced in the form of pellets, which includes ethinyloestradiol (in an amount of 30 g) and gestodene (in an amount of 75 g). 21 pills in the package.
Femoden analogues are drugs Belarus, Jeannine, Evra, Midian, Mikroginon, Logest, Silest, Egestrenol, Dietsiklen, Oralkon, silhouette, Rigevidon and others.
Femoden shown for the system of birth control.
Femoden of instruction is contraindicated in the following cases:
- When diabetes against cardiovascular complications;
- In the presence of thrombosis (both venous and arterial), and states that they are preceded (angina pectoris, transient ischemic attack), during administration of the drug or history. This refers to deep vein thrombosis, myocardial infarction, pulmonary embolism, cerebrovascular disorders;
- In severe forms of liver disease, jaundice, liver tumors (benign or malignant);
- If vaginal bleeding of unknown origin;
- In case of hormone-dependent malignancy of breast or genital organs, as well as suspected them;
- When lactation;
- When pregnancy is suspected or her;
- If hypersensitivity to primary or secondary component Femoden.
If such condition develops in patients receiving Femoden, it should be lifted immediately.
Before you start applying for Femoden instructions are:
- Complete a full gynecological examination (with cytology and cervical mucus examination of mammary glands);
- Exclude pregnancy;
- Exclude the presence of or predisposition to a breach of the blood coagulation system (including risk factors).
Begin by taking Femoden instructions on the first day (in some cases, allowed for 2-5 day) of the menstrual cycle.
Drops Femoden used daily in the manner indicated on the packaging, for 21 days (preferably - at the same time). Admission pills from a new package begin in seven days, during which withdrawal bleeding occurs Femoden (menstrualnopodobnoe bleeding).
After abortion Femoden take:
- In the first trimester - immediately;
- In the second trimester of pregnancy - in the 21-28 day.
After birth Femoden can also start taking over 21-28 days.
In cases where the pills were not taken within 12 hours, you should use an additional method of contraception.
While taking Femoden Review sometimes marked irregular bleeding, most often - in the first months of use. If they are repeated after three cycles necessary to make a diagnosis to rule out pregnancy or malignancy.
Femoden should stop taking and consult your doctor if you develop symptoms of arterial or venous thrombosis, including:
- Sudden strong pain in the chest;
- Unilateral pain or swelling in the leg;
- Cough, develop suddenly;
- Sudden shortness of breath;
- Increased frequency and severity of migraine recurrence;
- Unusual for a prolonged headache;
- Sudden loss of vision (partial or complete);
- Slurred speech or aphasia;
- Suddenly emerged from one side or one part of the body a significant loss of sensation or weakness;
- The collapse;
- "Acute" abdomen;
- Movement disorders.
When using pills should be aware that the risk of thrombosis and thromboembolism, which are the basis for cancellation Femoden increases:
- Smokers (especially in women over 35 years old);
- with age;
- When dyslipoproteinemia;
- With obesity;
- When hypertension;
- In cases of extensive trauma or complex operations on his legs;
- When atrial fibrillation;
- In systemic lupus erythematosus;
- In the postpartum period;
- In Crohn's disease;
- Hemolytic uremic syndrome;
- When sickle-cell anemia;
- When ulcerative colitis.
Serious side effects of an overdose requiring cancellation Femoden not revealed. In some cases, there may be nausea, vomiting, and a slight vaginal bleeding.
Drug interaction Femoden
Reduction in contraceptive reliability and breakthrough uterine bleeding may contribute to simultaneous reception Femoden with:
- Antibiotics (e.g., tetracycline and ampicillin);
Cancel Femoden with the subsequent transition to the non-hormonal methods of contraception is advisable in cases of long-term administration of these drugs.
Side effects Femoden
Femoden on responses it may cause the following adverse effects:
- Morbidity and engorgement (in some cases - with the release of these secretions);
- Depressed mood;
- Changes in libido;
- Poor tolerance of contact lenses;
- Changes in vaginal secretions;
- Nausea and vomiting;
- Skin reactions;
- Changes in body weight;
- Fluid retention.
With the development of resistant hypertension is reasonable cancellation Femoden followed by treatment of the disease.
In rare cases Femoden Review leads to the development of chloasma (especially with a history of chloasma of pregnancy).
Femoden relates to hormonal oral contraceptive prescription. Shelf life Pills - 5 years.