Etazol - Antibacterials for systemic use in the treatment of infections of the skin, ENT and respiratory tract.
Pharmacological action etazol
The active ingredient etazol has antibacterial activity against pneumococci, streptococci, gonococci, meningococci, agents of dysentery, E. coli and pathogenic anaerobic microorganisms.
Etazol according to the instructions of low toxicity and is generally well tolerated.
Etazol available in three dosage forms:
- Tablets of 250 and 500 mg;
- Granules for suspension for children in vials of 150 ml with a content of active substance in an amount of 60 g;
- A solution for injection in ampoules of 5 and 10 ml containing 100 or 200 mg of active substance.
Analogues etazol mode of action are the following drugs:
- Tablets Norsulfazol, Sulfadimidine, Urosulfan;
- Liniment, ointment and powder for local and external use Streptocide;
- Solution for injection sodium sulfatsil.
The drug is prescribed for the treatment of Etazol infections that cause sensitive to the action of the active substance microorganisms (skin infections, ENT organs, biliary and respiratory tract), such as:
- Bacterial enterocolitis;
Furthermore, Etazol effective for prevention of infectious complications after operations.
According to the instructions Etazol contraindicated to apply at:
- Renal insufficiency;
- Congenital deficiency of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Hypersensitivity to the etazol;
Pregnancy as lactation is a contraindication to the use of etazol.
Etazol tablets prescribed according to the instructions:
- Adults - 2 tablets (500 mg) to six times a day, but no more than 7 grams of the drug per day;
- Children dosage depends on the age between 0 and 3 g (up to 2 years) to 0, 5 g (age 6 years) six times per day.
The course of treatment varies according to the instructions etazol seven to ten days.
Etazol in granules designed for young children who have difficulty taking medication pills. Before use, the granules are dissolved in freshly boiled hot water, bringing the volume to the mark with water to 100 ml. The resulting suspension was stirred for half an hour is necessary to periodically stir.
The dosage of the suspension depends on the age of the child. The interval between doses should not exceed four hours. The course of treatment - 7-10 days.
Injection solution Etazol administered intramuscularly or slowly intravenously every eight hours. The maximum adult daily dose of 6 g etazol.
When using etazol any dosage forms should be considered that the drug:
- It enhances the effect of oral hypoglycemic and anti-epileptic drugs, and anticoagulants;
- Increases risk of side effects from the use of immunosuppressants, cytostatics, hepatotoxic and nephrotoxic drugs.
Manifestations gematotoksichnosti etazol enhance myelotoxicity drugs.
Side effects etazol
According to reviews Etazol tolerated in most cases well. In rare cases the use etazol can lead to:
- Hemolytic anemia;
- Drug-induced hepatitis;
- Interstitial nephritis;
- Dyspepsia (such as nausea, abdominal pain, vomiting, diarrhea);
The most likely allergic reactions when taking etazol include:
- Toxic epidermal necrolysis (otherwise - Lyell's syndrome);
- Skin rash;
- Malignant erythema.
Etazol refers to a number of drugs List B, dispensed from pharmacies by prescription. The shelf life of the drug - from three to five years (depending on the dosage form).