Endoxan refers to the group of anticancer drugs that have anti-inflammatory, immunosuppressive and healing effect. The drug is effective for the treatment of cancer at different stages of the tide.
Structure and Composition
The main active ingredient - cyclophosphamide 50 mg.
Endoxan available as a solution for injection intraperitoneal administration, a powder for injection, and sustained-release tablets.
Pharmacological properties endoxan
Endoxan anticancer agent is a complex action. It effectively structural elements alkylates DNA and normalized protein synthesis.
Cyclophosphamide, comprising endoxan, has an immunosuppressive action. The main active ingredient is blocking the division of cancer cells and stops the process of cancer development.
Endoxan well absorbed and reaches maximum plasma concentration within 3-4 hours. The drug is metabolized and creates several inactive metabolites. The drug is excreted by the kidneys in urine. The duration of excretion of 10 hours for adults and 5 hours for children.
Good reviews Endoxan received as an effective drug in the complex therapy in the treatment of malignant tumors and lymphatic disorders.
Endoxan indicated for the treatment of the following diseases:
- malignancies - breast cancer, sarcoma, Wilms tumor, prostatic cancer, uterine cancer, mycosis reticulosarcoma, germ cell tumors, myelomas various etiology;
- Lymphatic System - lymphocytic leukemia, lymphoma, neuroblastoma, etc .;
- progressive autoimmune disorders.
Positive feedback has Endoxan as an effective drug for the treatment of serious diseases of the connective tissue.
Instructions for use Endoxan
According to the instructions of endoxan in a solution for injection should be administered at 1 mg 4-6 times a day for 3-5 days. If necessary, the dosage may be increased up to 10 mg over 20 days. The attending physician must determine the exact dosage endoxan the treatment and maintenance therapy.
Endoxan as a solution for infusion must be mixed with 0 9% sodium chloride and administered for 30-50 minutes. The dosage should be administered in accordance with the current stage of cancer.
In accordance with the instruction endoxan tablets administered receive 50-150 mg 1 time per day. The course of treatment lasts 10 to 40 days.
During treatment it is necessary to constantly monitor the condition of the liver and circulatory system. Patients with diseases of the cardiovascular system is assigned to the minimum dosage Endoxan.
Endoxan contraindicated if you are hypersensitive purpose and hypersensitivity to the drug, galactosemia, elevated blood glucose, pregnancy and lactation, cystitis, disruption of the functioning of the brain, kidney and liver failure, severe diseases of the digestive tract, thrombosis, stroke, childhood.
With care prescribe medication in infectious diseases, gout, heart disease and the elderly.
Side effects Endoxan
During treatment Endoxan may cause the following side effects:
- on the part of the cardiovascular system - arrhythmia, leukopenia, myocarditis, heart failure, myocardial infarction;
- on the part of the circulatory system - anemia, thrombocytopenia, neutropenia, thrombosis;
- on the part of the digestive system - nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, constipation, liver function disorders, colitis, hepatitis, peptic ulcer disease;
- on the part of the genitourinary system - urethritis, bladder fibrosis, cystitis, decreased libido, impotence, menstrual disorders, nephropathy, amenorrhea, ovarian atrophy.
Chronic administration may appear allergic reactions - redness of the skin, urticaria, pruritus, alopecia, increased photosensitivity, angioedema.