herbal remedies to the tonic effect.
The pharmacological action of Eleutherococcus
Eleutherococcus is a biologically active food supplements. For the manufacture of drugs used rhizomes and roots of the plant Eleutherococcus, which contain a special type of glycosides - eleuterozidy. The drug enhances the body's non-specific resistance to pathogenic influences of the environment, has a positive effect on the adaptive resources of the organism. Furthermore, according to reviews of Siberian ginseng, has a stimulating effect means the central nervous system, eliminating the irritability, fatigue and restoring mental and physical performance and activity. The drug is known for its immunomodulatory properties and the ability to activate the body's defenses. Long-term use of the drug is able to provide the following effects on the body:
- reduce drowsiness;
- enhance visual acuity and hearing;
- speeds up the metabolism;
- improves appetite;
- normalize metabolism;
- reduce the risk of cancer;
- reduce the harmful effects of toxins on the body (including barbiturates, ethanol, ether).
For the convenience of the consumer Eleutherococcus is available in different forms:
- in the form of pellets, which are contained in the package 50, 100, or 180 pieces;
- in the form of capsules weighing 500 mg. In each pack - 100 pcs .;
- as tablets weighing 200 mg in packages of 100 pcs .;
- in the form of tablets, which contain dry extract of Eleutherococcus (no additional components), their weight is 100 mg, the amount in the package - 30 pcs .;
- liquid extract 50 ml;
- syrup in bottles of 250 ml volume.
Instructions to the Eleutherococcus recommended the drug as part of combination therapy for the following types of diseases or ailments:
- with fatigue, asthenia, chronic fatigue syndrome;
- in periods of high physical and mental stress as a stimulant and a tonic;
- at the psycho-emotional stress;
- functional disorders of the nervous system (including nervousness and vegetative-vascular dystonia);
- arterial hypotension;
- during periods after heavy and long-term illnesses;
- as rehabilitation after radiotherapy and chemotherapy;
- when immunodeficiencies;
- when erectile dysfunction and reduced libido;
- diabetes mellitus;
- in hypercholesterolemia.
External application of Eleutherococcus shown in early balding and oily seborrhea.
Contraindications of Eleutherococcus
Before the start of drug administration should be familiar with the instructions to the Siberian ginseng, because in some cases, the drug should not be accepted. The list of contraindications to Eleutherococcus is as follows:
- increased nervous irritability;
- insomnia (also contraindicated reception before going to bed or during the night);
- acute stage of somatic and infectious diseases;
- hypersensitivity to the components of Eleutherococcus;
- hypertension, marked atherosclerosis, various cardiac abnormalities;
- age up to 12 years;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Instructions for use
to use orally. The dosage of the drug to be chosen depending on the chosen form of the drug.
Dry extract Eleutherococcus must be taken by adults and children, under 12 years, in an amount not to exceed 4 capsules / pills or tablets. The course of treatment is up to 30 days.
The liquid plant extract is recommended for reception in an amount of 15-50 drops from 2 to 3 times a day. The duration of treatment ranged from 25 days to a month.
Eleutherococcus tincture, which can cook at home, the bay, the roots of Eleutherococcus 150-200 liter of alcohol or vodka, and then insisting for two weeks, shaking occasionally, is recommended to take half tsp three times a day.
Side effects of Eleutherococcus
Numerous reviews of Eleutherococcus noted well-tolerated, but can not be excluded and unwanted reactions in rare cases. At the use of the drug may develop diarrhea, irritability, anxiety, insomnia.
The drug Eleutherococcus can be stored up to 4 years under suitable conditions: in a cool place, sheltered from light and placed out of reach of children.