Maksideks - local glucocorticoid agent used in ophthalmology.
The active substance Maksideksa has expressed anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory and desensitizing effect, actively suppressing inflammation, reducing capillary permeability and inhibiting the release of inflammatory mediators by eosinophils. Maksideks of instruction has no mineralocorticoid activity. The anti-inflammatory effect of the drug after administration is continued 4 to 8 hours.
Maksideks release as a 1% eye drops, suspension, 1 ml containing 1 mg dexamethasone. Excipients - hydroxypropyl methylcellulose, benzalkonium chloride, purified water. 5 ml plastic flakonah-.
Maksideksa analogues in the form of eye drops are drugs Dexamethasone, deksapos, Dexamethasone-IES Oftan Dexamethasone, Deksoftan, Dexamethasone-LENS, dexamethasone and dexamethasone-bufus Betalek.
Also Maksideks release dosage form in 0, 1% ophthalmic ointment.
The preparation of Maksideks instructions indicated for the treatment of:
- Purulent and allergic conjunctivitis;
- Keratoconjunctivitis, without damage to the epithelium;
- Allergic and inflammatory diseases of the ears;
- Iridocyclitis, iritis, and other uveitis of various origins;
- Superficial injury of the cornea of various origins, after complete epithelialization of the cornea.
Also, ointment and drops Maksideks used to prevent and treat inflammatory reactions in the postoperative period.
As adjuvant therapy Maksideks according to the instructions is used for:
- Viral and fungal diseases of the eye;
- Damage the integrity of the corneal epithelium, including the state after the removal of a foreign body of the cornea;
- Purulent infections of the eye;
- Tuberculosis of the eye;
- The perforations of the tympanic membrane.
Maksideks and its analogues are contraindicated to apply at:
- Corneal diseases in combination with defects in the epithelium;
- Viral, fungal and bacterial infections of the eye;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
During pregnancy and lactation apply ointment and drops Maksideks only on strict conditions. The pediatric formulation is used.
Drops Maksideks when the inflammatory process is recommended every 2 hours during the first two days of treatment, burying 1-2 drops into the conjunctival sac. Then, the interval between the application of the drug is increased to 4-6 hours.
When used for prophylaxis Maksideksa inflammatory processes after injuries and operations ophthalmic during the first day was instilled 1-2 drops every 6 hours, then for two weeks Maksideks drops applied three times daily.
In therapy Maksideksom more than 10 days is recommended to measure the intraocular pressure, and at this time should not wear contact lenses.
Eye ointment Maksideks instructions for use up to three times a day for laying a strip of ointment the lower eyelid 1 cm long. The course of treatment is chosen by the doctor individually, it usually ranges from two to three weeks. During therapy can be combined droplet Maksideks that use during the day, using night ophthalmic ointment. In the treatment of infectious diseases of eyes and ears Maksideks be combined with appropriate antimicrobial therapy.
Drops Maksideks also be used in the treatment of otitis media, in which up to three times a day for 3-4 drops instilled in the affected ear.
In the course of treatment should take into account that after the application Maksideksa may develop secondary infections due to suppression of the protective reaction of the body, what could indicate the emergence of non-healing corneal ulcers after long treatment drug.
No cases of overdose Maksideksom not fixed. With prolonged use Maksideksa with yodoksuridinom could increase the destructive processes in the epithelium of the cornea.
Side effects Maksideksa
In the opinion of Maksideks long-term use may contribute to:
- Increased intraocular pressure;
- Reduced visual acuity and visual field loss;
- Thinning and perforation of the cornea;
- Glaucoma with damage to the optic nerve;
- Posterior subcapsular cataract formation;
- The spread of herpes and bacterial infections.
Also, if an existing hypersensitivity to benzalkonium chloride or dexamethasone can develop allergic conjunctivitis and blepharitis.
According to responses in the treatment of otitis Maksideks in rare cases, lead to the development of the external ear canal itching, erythema, discomfort in the ear, foreign body sensation in the ear or ear congestion, ear pain, temporary hearing loss, tingling sensation in the ear, the development of superinfection.
Preparations Maksideks prescription. Shelf life is 3 years of drops, ophthalmic ointment - 4 years. Bottle of eye drops Maksideks should not be used more than one month from the date of opening.