Diroton - a drug designed to regulate blood pressure.
Diroton has pronounced hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) and peripheral vasodilating properties.
The active ingredient of the drug is lisinopril.
After applying Diroton takes effect within 60 minutes, the maximum effect is observed after 6-7 hours, and persists for days.
Apply Diroton guide recommends that you:
- acute myocardial infarction in the first day;
- chronic heart failure as part of the combination therapy;
- Diabetic nephropathy (kidney disease) in order to reduce proteinuria (urinary protein excretion).
Instructions for use Diroton
Diroton produced in the form of tablets containing 2, 5 mg, 5 mg, 10 mg or 20 mg of lisinopril. Take this drug is recommended once a day (in the morning), regardless of the meal, with water.
Display Diroton in primary hypertension involves the use of 10 mg per day in the beginning of the treatment and after the transition to 20 mg per day. The daily dose Diroton in primary hypertension should not exceed 40 mg. The maximum effect of the drug observed after 2-4 weeks of regular use Diroton.
If the patient were assigned diuretic (diuretic) medications, taking them should be discontinued for 2-3 days prior to the application Diroton. If cancellation diuretics impossible Diroton daily dose should be reduced to 5 mg.
During testimony at Diroton renovascular (due to violation of the delivery of blood to the kidneys) in the early treatment of hypertension is recommended to use 2, 5-5 mg lisinopril daily. The size of the maintenance dose is determined by the level of blood pressure. In heart failure Diroton should be used in conjunction with diuretics or digitalis preparations.
Starting dose Diroton in renal failure depends on creatinine clearance and can range from 2, 5 mg to 10 mg per day. Maintenance dose determines blood pressure. During application Diroton necessary to monitor the kidney, the level of sodium and potassium in the blood.
The drug Diroton, indications which must be agreed with the doctor, may have the following undesirable effects:
- most often - headache, dizziness, dry cough, diarrhea, weakness, vomiting, nausea, chest pain, hypotension, skin rashes;
- bradycardia, tachycardia, myocardial infarction;
- dry mouth, taste disturbance, anorexia, pancreatitis, dyspepsia (violation of the stomach), hepatitis, jaundice;
- hair loss, fatigue, itching, hives;
- drowsiness, fatigue, seizures, confusion;
- apnea (no breathing movements), bronchospasm, shortness of breath;
- anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, neutropenia, increased erythrocyte sedimentation rate;
- reduced potency, kidney failure, anuria (urine does not flow into the bladder), uremia (self-poisoning organism as a result of kidney failure), oliguria (decreased urine output);
- hypokalemia, hypomagnesemia, hyponatremia, hypercalcemia, impaired glucose tolerance;
- worsening of gout, fever, myalgia (muscle pain), arthritis (joint disease), arthralgia (joint pain).
Use of the drug Diroton instruction is prohibited in:
- hypersensitivity to lizinoprilu;
- primary aldosteronism (a tumor of the adrenal cortex to produce excessive amounts of aldosterone);
- stenosis (narrowing) of the renal arteries;
- decompensated renal insufficiency;
- aortic stenosis;
- changes in biochemical blood parameters.
Application Diroton contraindicated in pregnancy, lactation and children under 16 years.
According to the instructions, Diroton should be stored at a temperature of 25-30
On a dark and dry place.
The drug is considered to be fit for 3 years from the date of issue.