Dipyridamole - a synthetic drug that improves microcirculation, brain and placental blood flow.
It helps to reduce thrombus formation and lowers blood pressure.
Dipyridamole has vasodilator antiagregatine, and a release arteriodilatirtee action. Dilates coronary vessels and causes an increase in flow velocity. It increases the oxygen content in the venous blood. It is widely used for the prevention of arterial and venous thrombosis. In ophthalmology drug is used to improve microcirculation in the retina of the eye.
Dipyridamole pregnancy improves blood supply of uterus, preventing the occurrence of degenerative changes in the placenta in pre-eclampsia threat and also increases the oxygen content of the fetal tissues.
The active ingredient - dipyridamole, a yellow powder, odorless with a bitter taste. The drug is released in the form:
- Drops. On 0, 025 and 0 g, 075 g of 100 pieces per pack;
- Coated tablets. On 0, 025 and 0 g, 075 g or 120 By 40 pieces per pack;
- Solution for injection. 0, 5% solution in 2 ml ampoules. Each ampoule contains 10 mg of active substance.
According to the instructions Dipyridamole is used for:
- Acute stroke;
- Stable angina;
- Disorders of cerebral circulation.
In pregnancy, Dipyridamole is used to prevent complications - placental insufficiency and preeclampsia. The drug is also used to prevent heart attacks and formation of arterial and venous thrombosis.
Dipyridamole is contraindicated in:
- Heart rhythm disorders;
- Acute myocardial infarction;
- Severe hypotension;
- Prevalence of atherosclerosis in heart arteries;
- Chronic heart failure decompensation stage;
- Severe renal impairment;
- Predisposition to bleeding;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug.
Dipyridamole is used during pregnancy on strict conditions. During breastfeeding drug is contraindicated due to the penetration into breast milk.
Children and teenagers under 12 years old use of the drug is not recommended due to the lack of clinical data.
Instructions for use Dipyridamole
Dipyridamole instructions for use on an empty stomach, one hour before a meal. Tablets and pills do not bite through and washed down with a little water. The duration of treatment depends on the nature and severity of the disease.
Dipyridamole dose depends on the disease:
- For the treatment of angina - 25 mg, 50 mg 3 times a day;
- For the prevention of thrombosis - on 25-75 mg 3-6 times a day. The treatment may be combined with oral anticoagulants;
- When coronary insufficiency - 25-50 mg 3 times a day; in severe cases, early treatment applied increased dose - 75 mg three times a day, which is subsequently reduced. The daily dose should not exceed 150-200 mg;
- For the treatment of chronic arterial disease of the lower limbs - 75 mg three times a day; Course of treatment is 2-3 months. Possible combination therapy;
- For diagnostic purposes directly during stress echocardiography - 300-400 mg one-time fee.
For children, the daily dose is 5-10 mg per 1 kg of body weight.
Dipyridamole mostly well tolerated.
When large doses of the drug can sometimes arise:
- Tachycardia, palpitations, bradycardia, a temporary redness of the face, coronary steal syndrome, lower blood pressure;
- Vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, epigastric pain;
- Bleeding, thrombocytopenia, increased bleeding, changes in the properties of platelets;
- Dizziness, weakness, ringing in the head, sensation of ear stuffiness, headache, arthritis, rhinitis, myalgia;
- Allergic reactions.
In case of overdose can occur tachycardia, and transient reduction in blood pressure.
To minimize disorders of the digestive tract is taken with milk.
Organic coffee and tea weaken the effect of dipyridamole so during treatment should be avoided.
To improve the intracardiac blood flow in coronary steal syndrome prescribe aminophylline. Heparin, indirect anticoagulants and thrombolytics combined with dipyridamole increase the risk of bleeding complications.
Dipyridamole prescription of the doctor. Shelf life - 3 years.