Dimethindene - synthetic antihistamine, has anti-allergic and antipruritic effect.
The active ingredient - dimethindene maleate. It has anti-allergic, antipruritic, sedative and anticholinergic effect.
It refers to the antihistamines I generation. It is used for symptomatic treatment and relief of acute allergic reactions. One advantage of this formulation is the possibility of its use for children age grudnichkovogo.
Dimethindene produced in the form:
- Capsules of the prolonged action. Each capsule contains 4 mg of active compound. 10 pieces per pack;
- Drops for oral administration. 1 ml containing 1 mg of dimethindene maleate. In bottles of 20 ml;
- Gel. 10 g of a gel containing 10 mg of active substance. In tubes of 30 g
Tablets and drops dimethindene used for:
- Allergic and non-allergic dermatoses;
- Allergic and chronic rhinitis;
- Insect bites;
- Itching eczema;
- Hay fever;
- Drug and food allergies.
Dimethindene gel is used for:
- Insect bites.
Also, the gel used in various kinds of burns. In some cases a combination of external application of gel with the reception of the drug inside.
The drug has a short list of contraindications. It can not be used in case of hypersensitivity to the dimethindene maleate or other derivative of the alkylamine. Also, it is not administered to children under the age of 1 month and during the first trimester of pregnancy.
With care prescribe medication when:
- Exacerbation of asthma;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia;
- Chronic lung disease;
- Bladder neck obstruction;
- Children under the age of one year.
Dimethindene - quite safe drug, but during pregnancy and lactation the drug in the form of tablets and drops should be used only under strict medical indications.
Application dimethindene gel is contraindicated only in the first trimester of pregnancy, and in the future it can be applied with caution and do not apply to large areas. During breastfeeding gel is applied to the nipple.
Dimethindene administered to children aged 1 month to 1 year, but also on strict conditions. At this age, especially in inflammation, the gel should not be applied to extensive areas of skin.
Using the drug with caution engage in activities requiring attention and quick response.
Instructions for use dimethindene
Dimethindene used in the form of tablets or drops:
- The adult daily dose is 3-6 mg. Typically, the dose is divided into three stages. In some cases, the weakness or excessive sleepiness recommended dose divided into a morning reception at breakfast - 2 mg, and 4 mg at bedtime;
- Children daily dose of 0 1 mg per 1 kg of body weight, divided into 3-4 hours.
Drops can be added directly before feeding into the bottle with warm meals or undiluted with a teaspoon in single doses:
- From 2 months to 1 year - 10 drops;
- From 1 to 3 years - 10-15 drops;
- Older than 3 years - 15-25 drops.
Dimethindene gel applied topically applying to the affected skin two to four times a day. With extensive lesions of the skin the drug should be used only after consulting a doctor.
Sometimes early treatment can increase fatigue, drowsiness and weakness occur allergic skin reactions, and muscle spasms. Very rarely - nausea, stomach pain, vomiting.
When using the gel dimethindene sometimes there is a sensation of burning and dryness at the site of application, itching, or skin rash.
In young children, the drug can cause agitation, headaches and disorders of the respiratory system.
When applying the gel to the vast areas of the skin should reduce the time spent in the sun.
Dimethindene dampening effect on the central nervous system of alcohol, sleeping pills and tranquilizers.
The drug is available on prescription. Shelf life of pills and drops - 5 years dimethindene gel - 2 years.