Diakarb - a synthetic drug that is actively enhancing the excretion of urine. Widely used as a diuretic in a delay in the body of sodium and water in the treatment and prevention of enemata.
The main active ingredient Diamox - acetazolamide. It increases urination, improves water-salt metabolism without disturbing the acid-alkaline balance.
Effective with Meniere's disease and epilepsy. The duration of the preparation - 12 hours.
Diakarb produced in the form of flat circular tablets of white color. Each tablet contains 250 mg of active substance - acetazolamide and adjuvants - talc, potato starch, sodium starch glycolate. 12 pieces in blister pack, 2 pack in carton.
Diakarb used to treat:
- Primary and secondary glaucoma, as well as an acute attack;
- Edematous syndrome (circulatory failure, liver cirrhosis, renal failure, pulmonary vascular syndrome);
- Epilepsy in combination therapy;
- Meniere's disease;
- States premenstrual tension;
- Emphysema and asthma;
- Acute altitude sickness.
Use of Diamox is contraindicated in:
- Acute renal and hepatic failure;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance;
- Addison's disease.
The drug is prescribed with caution in edema of hepatic and renal origin and a joint reception with satsetilsalitsilovoy acid (in high doses).
Diakarb is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation.
Instructions for use Diamox
Diakarb according to the instructions prescribed to adults at the following doses:
- When edema - in the morning, 1 time a day at a dose of 250-375 mg. The best effect is achieved with the following scheme: receiving in a day or two consecutive days with a one-day break. When using Diamox treatment of circulatory failure, including cardiac glycosides and compliance malosolevoy diet should not cancel;
- With open-angle glaucoma is prescribed 250 mg 1-4 times a day. Note that increasing the dose of more than 1 g does not increase the therapeutic effect;
- In acute attacks of glaucoma drug prescribed 250 mg 6 times a day at regular intervals;
- In secondary glaucoma drug administered in the same dosage only every 4 hours. Sometimes therapeutic effect appears after short dosing of 250 mg two times a day;
- In epilepsy appoint 250-500 mg per day of one-time fee for 3 days and on the fourth day, take a break;
- At altitude sickness prescribe a higher dose - 500-1000 mg per day; and in cases of rapid ascent - 1000 mg per day, divided in equal doses one to several doses. The drug should be used before the ascent, 24-48 hours. If symptoms are evident, it is necessary to continue the treatment for the next two days, or, if necessary, and more.
If you accidentally pass reception Diamox increase the dose the next time should not be taking.
Children with epilepsy according to the instructions Diakarb designate in the following doses:
- From 4 to 12 months - 50 mg per day, divided into two doses;
- From 2 to 3 years - 50-125 mg daily, the dose is also divided into two stages;
- From 4 to 18 years - 125-250 mg per day of one-time, preferably in the morning.
If applied simultaneously Diacarbum other anticonvulsants, in early treatment using only one tablet, but if necessary the dose can be gradually increased, but not to use more than 750 mg per day.
Babies with glaucoma attacks daily dose calculated - 10-15 mg per kg body weight, and divided into 3-4 hours in equal parts.
Often, children under one year and appoint Diakarb Asparkam in the complex therapy in the treatment of increased intracranial pressure and hydrocephalus. Dosage neurologist calculated individually depending on the age and condition, often rate three days after three days. The drugs are taken in the morning. Diakarb Asparkam and in this case act as complementary medicines. The destructive action of potassium diakarb filled Asparkamom.
Diakarb - low toxic drug. In the application it may be tinnitus, paresthesia, seizures and rarely, according to reviews of Diamox - myopia. With long-term use of the drug - disorientation, dizziness, impaired sense of touch, drowsiness. In these cases, you can not drive vehicles and do work associated with high concentration of attention.
More than 5 consecutive days of drug should be used cautiously because of the increased risk of metabolic acidosis. Therefore, long-term use should be monitored picture peripheral blood, as well as indicators of water and electrolyte and acid-base balance.
In some cases, in the opinion of Diamox, may develop an allergic reaction (itching or rash), anorexia, muscle weakness.
Prolonged use of the drug - transient hematuria, nephrolithiasis, glucosuria, vomiting, nausea, diarrhea, hemolytic anemia, leukopenia, or agranulocytosis.
In the application of Diamox with theophylline and other diuretics should be considered that the drug enhances the diuretic effect, and while the use of acid-forming diuretics - reduces. When used in combination therapy with antiepileptic drugs increase the expression Diakarb osteomalacia.
Cases of acute poisoning or overdose of the drug have not been described.
The shelf life
Diakarb related to drug list B. Shelf life - 5 years.
Structural analogs of the active substance Diamox - acetazolamide - no.