Cyclodol refers to central H-holinoblokatoram. Included in the group of anticholinergic agents.
Pharmacological action tsiklodol
Due to the ability to provide peripheral and central mielorelaksiruyuschee and holinoblokiruschee actions Cyclodol - one of the main drugs used in parkinsonism. The drug helps reduce tremors, has little effect on bradykinesia and rigidity.
Because Cyclodol has M-anticholinergic effects on the peripheral nervous system, the drug helps to reduce flow and salivation. Also, the drug is able to cause effects of local anesthetic. The total duration of therapeutic effect after administration is between 6 and 12 hours, the maximum effect lasts for 2 to 3 hours. After oral administration Cyclodolum drug begins to be active after 1 hr. When the / m introduction time is shortened to 10 minutes and the effect may last 12 hr.
According to the instructions tsiklodol, the only form of drug release are tablets with a mass of active substance 0, 001, 0, 002 and 0, 005 tablets are white, round, flat surface. Packaged in a pack of 50 pieces.
Medical reviews describe tsiklodol drug as an effective tool for the following diseases of the nervous system:
- Parkinsonism of various origins;
- extrapyramidal system disorders, which are accompanied by increased muscle tone and the presence of hyperkinesis (enforced automatic movements caused by involuntary muscle contractions).
Cyclodol and analogues drugs are potent substances. Therefore their use is not recommended for reception in some cases. To consume the drug is not worth it if:
- there is hypersensitivity to the drug, in particular to trigeksifenidilu;
- the patient suffers from urinary retention;
- diagnosed with adenoma (prostatic hypertrophy) with the presence of residual urine;
- there diseases of the gastrointestinal tract obstructive nature;
- diagnosed with atrial fibrillation;
- the patient's age less than 5 years;
- There is confirmation of pregnancy.
Instructions for use tsiklodol
Instruction tsiklodol recommends starting the drug with a minimum resolution of doses which are then, if necessary and under medical supervision, gradually increase. Depending on the type of disease minimal doses vary.
- The syndrome of Parkinson's medication is recommended to start taking 1 mg of trihexyphenidyl hydrochloride (main active ingredient Trihexyphenidyl) per day. If necessary, the dose was increased to a maximum of 3 mg every 3-5 days. Should be guided to the patient's condition and to achieve an optimal effect of the treatment. The maintenance dose for this disease is 16 mg per day, the bottom bracket - 6 mg. Distribute this amount is needed for 3-5 receptions. It should also be noted that the reception tsiklodol in doses exceeding 20 mg per day are not recommended.
- When extrapyramidal disorders take up to 16 mg per day (the bottom bracket - 2 mg). The dosage is chosen depending on the severity of symptoms. The maximum permitted dose is 20 mg as.
- During anticholinergic therapy dose should be adjusted smoothly increasing initial daily dose (2 mg) to support the minimum effective dosage. This maximum amount is 50 mg per day.
- For the treatment of children and adolescents aged 5 to 17 years Cyclodol appointed only as a treatment for extrapyramidal dystonia. The maximum allowable dosage should not be higher than 40 mg per day.
General recommendations for receiving tsiklodol: Tablets should be used, regardless of meals, drinking plenty of fluids (about 180 ml). If, before the start of treatment the patient has hypersalivation (excessive salivation), Cyclodol best taken after meals. During treatment, a drug may cause dry mouth. In this case, Cyclodol must be taken before meals, controlling the occurrence of nausea.
The drug should not be stopped abruptly, treatment requires a gradual completion, at which the dose is reduced gradually over 1-2 weeks. In the case of non-compliance with these recommendations may increase symptoms.
The duration of treatment is determined exclusively by a physician in case of disease.
Side effects tsiklodol
According to medical reviews of tsiklodol drug can affect various organ systems, causing unwanted reactions. Upon detection of the symptoms described below, it is recommended to consult a doctor:
- accommodation disturbance, headache, irritability, drowsiness, vomiting, nausea. In rare cases, you may experience increased symptoms of anxiety, impaired memory, consciousness and sleep. Even more rarely - dyskinesia (involuntary movements);
- dryness of the mouth, constipation, decreased sweating, impaired urination, tachycardia. Less - mydriasis, bradycardia, disturbances of vision;
- allergic skin rashes.
Usually, the symptoms go away or eliminated by reducing the dosage or frequency of administration.
Application tsiklodol and analogues of the drug by patients over the age of 60 years must be accompanied by constant medical supervision due to the high probability of deterioration in thinking and memory during the reception.
The control of intraocular pressure in the treatment of tsiklodol required.
Before the drug may develop drug dependence.
The use of high-dose, overdose can cause hallucinations, delusions, disorders of orientation in time and space.
Care must be taken in the management of transport and the performance of other types of potentially hazardous activities during treatment tsiklodol.
For drugs with similar properties to tsiklodol include the following drugs:
- Benzhexol hydrochloride;
- Trixie and others.
Storage conditions tsiklodol
It must be protected from access by children Cyclodol. The drug is stored in a dry place away from sunlight, where the temperature is above 25 ° C. Shelf life when stored for 5 years.