Cordyceps sinensis - a mushroom, belonging to the family sporynevyh. There are over two hundred species of Cordyceps, among which the one, endowed with healing properties - Chinese Cordyceps, which will be discussed further. Other species not only useless, but even unsafe, like most plants of this family.
General information about Cordyceps
Cordyceps is a unique plant that in ancient China it was believed polurasteniem-half-animal. Now it is known that it is not an animal, and plant-parasite. Speaking of Chinese Cordyceps, emphasize its high adaptogens, ie adaptability to environmental conditions. Indeed, the fungus grows in normal conditions in the north-west of China, and in the mountainous climate at an altitude of 6500m.
In Cordyceps is unparalleled breeding cycle, which directly involved the insects. A favorite is the host of this parasite caterpillar butterfly Hepialus armoricanus, or hepialidae. When the vicinity of the caterpillar fungus appears, he shoots her in the disputes. Disputes with the help of active enzymes dissolve the caterpillar skin and penetrate inside. Surprisingly, the caterpillar did not detect the parasite, and in due time digs into the ground to pupate.
And then it begins its activities mushroom. The spores grow inside the body caterpillar tissue growth using the body of her until the mycelium does not fill it completely, causing it to die. Her body hardens and no further exposed to destruction, putrid bacteria can not survive there. Through breathing hole caterpillar fungus grows outwards, reaching 6-8cm long. The width of the leg about 3mm, "Hat" is presented clavate thickening.
There are reviews of Cordyceps, which is referred to its pleasant taste and smell. Cordyceps is collected and used, along with caterpillars, medicinal properties they possess equally.
The unique chemical composition of fungal allows its use as a drug broad spectrum. Cordyceps according to specialists in its composition contains the following ingredients:
- Beta-carotene, a substance from which the body is formed vitamin A. Beta carotene is required for the metabolism, skin perform its protective function, strengthening the vascular wall, the normal functioning of the eye, is also an antioxidant that is preventing the formation of free radicals, thereby protecting the body against cancer and aging;
- Vitamin E - an antioxidant, strengthens the immune system, has an effect on male potency;
- The complex of B vitamins required for the liver, nerve cells and normal tissue metabolism;
- Ubiquinone, or coenzyme Q-10, which improves the cardiovascular system and kidneys;
- Phospholipids and fatty acids that make up the cell membrane and necessary for regeneration of tissue;
- Trace elements: zinc, selenium, iron, calcium, manganese, boron, etc .;
- Polysaccharides, which function as immunomodulators;
- Antibiotic cordycepin relating to a nucleoside group has an effect on the streptococci and staphylococci having antitumor activity.
The use of Cordyceps in medicine
The use in medicine of Cordyceps does not new, since the fungus as a powerful drug used in Chinese traditional medicine for at least 5000 years. Chinese doctors attributed his restorative properties, the ability to stimulate the body's own defenses, improve potency and strengthen the nervous system. Contemporary reviews of Cordyceps confirm this view that led to an increasing interest in this plant.
Increased attention to itself drew a mushroom after the 2012 Olympics, when China's Olympic team adviser at a press conference that the Chinese tennis players were able to take first place thanks to the regular use of Cordyceps, which was part of a program to prepare them for the competition.
Reviews of Cordyceps representatives of traditional Western medicine is much more restrained, however, due to the fact that there are however some official studies proving the therapeutic effect of the fungus on health rather than those found contraindications to Cordyceps.
On the basis of this plant is now produced a large amount of dietary supplements. You should know that supplements are not an independent drug, but only in addition to food for medical purposes, or used as an adjunct to therapy. Western doctors do not prescribe Cordyceps as a medicine because they have no justification in the form of research confirmed the scientific community.
Medications that are used by representatives of Oriental medicine, are extremely diverse, and therefore speak of a single instruction to the Cordyceps is not necessary, because each of the drugs is their own.
According to the existing reviews Cordyceps has the following effects on the body:
- It strengthens the walls of blood vessels, while increasing their flexibility;
- It prevents the formation of cholesterol plaques, promotes the resorption already formed, thereby greatly improves the functioning of the heart and the entire circulatory system;
- It stimulates brain activity by improving the blood circulation;
- It improves blood formation;
- Normalizes the immune system, removing autoimmunity and allergic reactions, promotes healing of chronic diseases;
- Improves skin condition;
- It promotes the excretion of radionuclides and heavy metals salts;
- It has antitumor activity.
Application Cordyceps as an antitumor agent is justified because it includes besides a powerful antibiotic available korditseptina and other anticancer agents, such as selenium and natural immunomodulators.
Description of the properties of this mushroom highlights the lack of side effects when it is used, it is considered that there are no contraindications to Cordyceps. However, representatives of the official Western medicine warn against unlimited use of drugs based on it, especially for children, the elderly, pregnant and lactating women, because the action of the fungus has not been investigated, and metabolism during these periods of life different from the usual. In other cases, you must adhere strictly to the instructions for Cordyceps, if a drug manufactured abroad, for example, in China, when buying drugs must necessarily ask for instructions in the Cordyceps in plain language.
There is another precaution, which insist on the observance of doctors. Increased demand for the medicine in its very high cost (the price of pure Chinese Cordyceps, according to some, it comes to 25,000 euros per kilo) has generated a huge number of fakes, so absolute contraindication to Cordyceps should be considered questionable origin drugs supposedly based on it. It is also strongly recommended to collect the fungus on their own without proper training as there is a serious risk to make a mistake and instead of Chinese medicinal Cordyceps reserved its toxic counterparts.