Cordipin is a calcium antagonist, blocking calcium channels in the muscle cells of the heart and blood vessels. It has hypotensive (lowers blood pressure) and anti-ischemic effects. International name of the drug - nifedipine.
Cordipin available in tablets containing 10 mg of nifedipine, 10 and 50 tablets per pack. There are two other formulations of the drug:
- The modified-release tablet cordipin HL containing 40 mg of nifedipine per tablet, 20 to 10 and the tablets in the package. Different from conventional film coated tablets that provide a slow and steady (without hesitation concentrations) release;
- prolonged action tablets cordipin retard comprising 20 mg of nifedipine, 30 to 15 and the tablets in the package. The effect develops slowly, but lasts longer.
Taking into account the different duration of the above dosage forms, it is necessary to carefully read the instructions in the cordipin to provide the most effective blood concentration of the active ingredient.
All three formulations cordipin produced one of the leading European manufacturers - Slovenian pharmaceutical company Krka.
In this case, it is appropriate to list the analogues cordipin, by formulation. So cordipin counterparts produced in conventional tablets are:
- Russian Nifedipine;
- Fenigidin manufactured in Russia and Ukraine.
Analogs cordipin in retard (prolonged) form:
- Nifedipine (Germany);
- Kaltsigard retard (India);
- Nikerdiya (India);
- Corinfar DNA and retard Corinfar (Germany).
Analogs cordipin tablets modified-release:
- Nifecard CL (Slovenia);
- Kordafleks RD (Hungary).
Nifedipine inhibits entry of calcium through the membrane of cardiomyocytes and smooth muscle cells of coronary and peripheral vessels, which leads to vasodilation, reduce the load on the heart, reducing cardiac work and myocardial oxygen consumption optimized.
Based on reviews cordipin, at the beginning of its reception may be a decrease in cardiac output and heart rate, but in the future these indices returned to baseline values.
The instructions to cordipin is only one indication for: hypertensive crisis (when the blood pressure 220/120 and above). Cordipin cordipin retard and CL have a wide range of applications:
- hypertension (persistent rise in blood pressure of 140/90 or higher);
- stable angina (which, unlike the unstable developed long ago and has no tendency to progression);
- vasospastic angina (an alternative name - Prinzmetal angina). It is based on coronary vasospasm caused by their atherosclerotic degeneration.
Regulations on the use of cordipin
All three formulations according to the instructions cordipin ingested after meals. It is very important clarification: the tablet cordipin retard and cordipin CL can not be divided! Selection of the required dose carries a doctor, he's set and the duration of dosing. Metabolism of nifedipine in the liver, and therefore its state is an important factor in determining the dosing regimen of the drug. Reviews cordipin indicate the absence of such dependence in relation to the kidneys.
Starting dose of 10 mg is considered cordipin 2-3 times a day (20 mg, and can be 1-2 times) so that its daily dose not exceeding 40 mg or 4 tablets.
Cordipin CL should take 1 tablet (40 mg) once a day for the entire course of treatment, its maximum daily dose is 80 mg. If the patient for some reason missed another medication, when followed by a reception to double dose should not be.
Cordipin retard is taken twice a day, one tablet (20 mg). A single dose may be increased up to 2 tablets at the same two times per day. Persons suffering from vasospastic angina usually requires a large dose: up to 120 mg per day.
Reviews cordipin and results of clinical trials led to the inclusion in the instructions in the cordipin following contraindications:
- idiosyncrasy of the drug;
- cardiogenic shock (acute left ventricular failure activities with decreased contractility of the heart muscle);
- marked narrowing of the aorta;
- porphyria (disorders of the heme biosynthetic processes - non-protein part of hemoglobin ink);
- aggravation of coronary heart disease (acute myocardial period);
- unstable angina pectoris (new-onset or progressive);
- low blood pressure;
- heart failure, moderate or severe;
- during pregnancy and breastfeeding;
- children's age.
During the post-marketing studies according to the reviews of the accumulated cordipin recorded the following adverse reactions: migraine headaches, flushing (flushing) of the face, swelling of lower legs, spontaneous "tossing in fever," heart palpitations, chest pain, a state of general malaise (weakness, fast fatigue, drowsiness), dryness of the mouth, poor appetite, gastrointestinal symptoms (nausea, constipation or, conversely, diarrhea), anemia, arthritis, increase in the volume of urine released daily.
One should not forget about the symptoms of overdose. According to the reviews of cordipin doctors faced in practice with his overdose, the latest development is fraught with the following pathological conditions:
- persistent pressure drop below norm associated with the expansion of peripheral vascular disease;
- rapid (tachycardia) or slowing (bradycardia), heart rate;
- oppression functioning sinus node (for reference: it is a natural generator of nerve impulses in the human heart, which consists of neuromuscular fibers);
- in severe cases - loss of consciousness.
What it is recommended to do an overdose of the drug, including and analogs cordipin? Nothing fancy: common procedure for the removal of the drug from the body (reception sorbents, gastric lavage), the regeneration of the former hemodynamic, meticulous observation of the functioning of the heart. There is an antidote for cordipin: given its pharmacological groups - calcium antagonist - it is not difficult to guess that calcium supplements (solutions of calcium gluconate or calcium chloride) and will be an antidote to the cordipin.
Discontinuation of therapy should be phased cordipin since possible withdrawal.
At the initial stage of treatment is sometimes marked angina, particularly if administered together cordipin beta-blockers. Therefore, the reception is not the last ends abruptly, but gradually reduce the dose to complete abolition.
Cordipin relates to preparations, the implementation of which is made from pharmacies by prescription.
Instructions for storage cordipin
Cordipin pass for 3 years from the ex-date of issue, after which the drug is not recommended, given the complexity of the individual dose and partial loss of therapeutic efficacy of the drug after the expiry date.
Storage cordipin should be carried out at room temperature.