Clozapine - synthetic neuroleptic drug used in various psychiatric and sleep disorders, including children.
The active ingredient has a strong sedative and antipsychotic effects. It refers to a group of "atypical" antipsychotics, since practically does not cause movement disorders.
Clozapine acts quickly, within a week relieves agitation, anxiety and aggression, in a few weeks is beginning to have antipsychotic effects.
In the opinion of clozapine has muscle-relaxing properties and normalizes sleep, including children. Symptoms of negativism are at a long-term use of the drug, on average during the month.
In the opinion of clozapine does not cause violations of the higher intellectual functions.
Clozapine produced in the form:
- Tablets of 250 mg and 100 mg, 50 pieces in a package;
- Children pellets in bags of 500 mg, 20 pieces per pack;
- 2, 5% solution for injections in 2 ml ampoules.
According to the instructions Clozapine is used for:
- Acute and chronic schizophrenia;
- Manic-depressive psychosis;
- Emotional and behavioral disorders;
- Sleep disorders;
- Psychomotor agitation when psychopathy.
Clozapine is contraindicated in:
- Hypersensitivity to clozapine;
- Granulocytopenia or agranulocytosis in history;
- Toxic psychosis, including alcohol;
- Myasthenia gravis;
- Suppression of bone marrow hematopoiesis.
Clozapine for instructions contraindicated in pregnancy, in children under 5 years old, and during lactation.
Clozapine is used with caution in:
- Severe renal and hepatic failure;
- Angle-closure glaucoma;
- Aton intestines;
- Prostatic hyperplasia;
- Comorbidities with feverish syndrome;
- Severe diseases of the cardiovascular system;
Instructions for use of clozapine
The dose of clozapine instruction set individually.
Usually a daily dosage of 200-400 mg. Treatment starts with small doses - 25-50 mg daily and adjusted to within one to two weeks. In the opinion of Clozapine optimally taken once before bedtime dose or divided into several times. Cancelling the drug should be gradually, not faster than two weeks, gradually reducing the dose. Once the therapeutic course you can go maintaining course with taking minimum dose - 25-200 mg. Also, lower daily doses taken in renal, hepatic, chronic heart failure and cerebrovascular disorders. Small doses of 25 - 50 mg clozapine instructions used in a variety of sleep disorders. The daily dose of clozapine not exceed 600 mg.
If necessary, clozapine is used intramuscularly.
Babies Clozapine typically administered as a solution, for which pellets of the package is diluted in 5-10 ml water. Single dose - 5-20 mg, depending on age. The maximum daily dose should not exceed 100 mg.
According to the instructions of clozapine should be used with caution at the same time:
- With drugs, depressing the central nervous system and etanolsoderzhaschie drugs because of the potential gain of oppression respiratory center;
- With means lowers blood pressure, because of mutual reinforcement of action of drugs;
- With means causing mielodepressiu due to increased inhibitory action on bone marrow hematopoiesis;
- With caffeine, because of the possible increase of side effects;
- With lithium carbonate, because of the possibility of myoclonus, cramps, delirium, neuroleptic malignant syndrome, psychosis.
When using clozapine should not drink alcohol.
Clozapine is usually well tolerated. In the application may be headache and drowsiness.
In the opinion of clozapine significantly less likely to cause confusion, tremors, insomnia or restless sleep, depression, seizures, fever, or tardive dyskinesia.
Clozapine can also cause tachycardia, a significant decrease in blood pressure, dry mouth, sweating, constipation, anemia, weight gain.
Clozapine related to drugs List B and is released under the doctor's prescription. The shelf life of the drug - 3 years.