Clotrimazole - widely used synthetic antifungal drug for topical application.
The active substance has antifungal effect of clotrimazole on:
- Sporothrix schenckii;
According to the instructions clotrimazole has a very high penetrating power and also shows antitrihomonadnyh, protivobakteriynoe (gram-positive bacteria, such as staphylococci, streptococci, and less pronounced - Corynebacterium) and antiamebnoe (pathogenic cysts neglerii) action.
Clotrimazole are available in different dosage forms:
- White biconvex homogeneous in formeparallelepipeda with rounded edges vaginal tablets Clotrimazole (svechiKlotrimazol) containing 100 mg of active substance - clotrimazole. By 6shtuk in a blister
- White homogeneous antifungal ointment Klotrimazoldlya outdoor use. In 1 g of ointment contains 10 mg of active substance. Vtubah 30 g;
- 1% clotrimazole cream applied topically, in tubahpo 20 g;
- 2% clotrimazole vaginal cream in tubes of 50 g;
- 1% solution for external use oranzhevyhflakonah, 15 ml and 30 ml.
Indications for use of clotrimazole
According to the instructions clotrimazole used for fungal diseases of the skin, mucous membranes, and skin folds mycosis stop:
- Genital infections and superinfection (kandidoznyyvulvovaginit, trichomoniasis);
- Superficial candidiasis caused by various vidamigribov sensitive to clotrimazole;
- Athlete's foot, complicated secondary pyoderma;
Candles clotrimazole (clotrimazole vaginal tablets) is used for the renovation of the birth canal before delivery, and to prevent infection before surgery on the genitals.
Clotrimazole has a small list of contraindications.
The drug is not used in case of hypersensitivity to clotrimazole or any other components of the drug, and also in the first trimester of pregnancy.
In the second and third trimesters of pregnancy and lactation pills clotrimazole used with caution strictly on the testimony.
Instructions for use clotrimazole
Clotrimazole vaginal tablet inserted into the vagina usually in the evening, as deep as possible in the supine position. To do this, use the supplied in the package applicator. The course is - clotrimazole 1 suppository daily for 6 days.
Re-treatment with clotrimazole prescribed by a doctor.
When Candida Candida balanitis vulvitis or suppositories are used in conjunction with clotrimazole cream which is applied topically once a day to the affected area for one to two weeks. If trichomoniasis is recommended to combine the use of clotrimazole suppositories with chemotherapeutic drugs inside (metronidazole).
Clotrimazole ointment for topical application is applied to clean the affected skin with a thin layer several times a day, gently rubbing. The duration of treatment depends on the location, severity of disease and the effectiveness of therapy:
- Dermatomycoses treat at least one month;
- Chromophytosis - up to three weeks;
- Fungal diseases of the skin feet - prodolzhayutesche therapy for at least two weeks after symptoms pass.
For the treatment of these diseases may also be used and clotrimazole cream.
After applying the ointment clotrimazole should not impose a tight bandage.
When applied topically clotrimazole ointment may have swelling and burning, peeling, or irritation of the skin, itching, rash erythematous, paresthesia, blisters or hives.
When using candles clotrimazole may be burning, itching, swelling of the mucous membrane. Also, sometimes when using candles clotrimazole instructions appear on the vaginal discharge becomes more frequent urination, intercurrent cystitis occurs, and you may experience pain during sexual intercourse and a burning sensation in the penis with a partner.
In the opinion of the frequent use of clotrimazole cream can occur headache and gastralgia.
Clotrimazole released without medical prescription.