Clopidogrel - synthetic antiplatelet drug used for the prevention of thrombotic complications of cardiovascular disease.
The active ingredient of the drug reduces platelet aggregation that is used in cardiovascular diseases combined with acetylsalicylic acid. When clopidogrel should be noted that thinning blood, the drug increases bleeding time.
Action Clopidogrel dose-dependent manner, and the maximum effect usually occurs within a week. Restoration of normal function of the aggregation restored one week after discontinuation of the drug.
Clopidogrel has a therapeutic effect, regardless of the meal.
Clopidogrel is produced in the form of film-coated tablets, each containing 75 mg clopidogrel bisulfate, 10, and 20 pieces in a package.
Clopidogrel also produces analogs containing the same active ingredient - Zilt, Plavix, and Listab Agregal.
Clopidogrel is used as a prophylactic agent of thrombotic complications of:
- Ischemic stroke;
- Myocardial infarction;
- Peripheral arterial occlusive disease.
Also according to the instructions of clopidogrel is used as a combination therapy with acetylsalicylic acid in acute coronary syndrome.
Clopidogrel is used orally. The duration of treatment is determined individually by your doctor.
Depending on the disease take clopidogrel for instructions:
- For the prevention of atherothrombotic events usually take 1 tablet once a day;
- For the prevention of thrombotic complications after myocardial infarction clopidogrel use after a few days, but no later than a month after ischemic stroke - from one week to six months;
- In acute coronary syndrome (without segment elevation ST) usually take 4 tablets Clopidogrel early treatment once, and then in combination with acetylsalicylic acid on the admission of one tablet of the drug once a day. The dose of acetylsalicylic acid it usually amounts to 100 mg per day. Improvement usually occurs within the first three months of therapy;
- In acute myocardial infarction clopidogrel 300mg once used, then also go on a one-time use of 75 mg acetylsalicylic acid. For patients older than 75 years of a loading dose of the drug flow, and begin to receive 75 mg once a day for a month.
When clopidogrel can develop various side effects:
- Epigastric pain;
- Violations of the chair;
- Pulmonary embolism;
- Confusion or headache;
- Maculopapular rash;
- Digestive disorders;
- Skin rash or hives;
It is also possible the development of different localization of bleeding, including nose, gastrointestinal, eye bleeding and intracranial hemorrhage.
In the case of these side effects with Clopidogrel drug should be discontinued and seek medical advice.
Contraindications to the use of Clopidogrel
According to the instructions of clopidogrel is contraindicated in increased individual sensitivity to the drug, severe hepatic dysfunction and acute hemorrhage.
Clopidogrel for instructions contraindicated during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Clopidogrel is sold by prescription (list B).
The shelf life of the drug - 3 years.