Clomid - a non-steroidal anti-estrogen agent used in gynecology to stimulate ovulation in the treatment of infertility.
The main action of Clomid - raising the level of follicle-stimulating and luteinizing hormones.
The action of the drug due to binding to the estrogen receptors of the ovaries and pituitary gland. If the content of estrogen in the body is low - Clomid exhibits mild estrogenic effect, with high - anti-estrogen effect. When used in small doses Clomid and enhances the secretion of gonadotropins stimulate ovulation in large doses - inhibits the secretion of gonadotropins. The drug does not possess progestogenic and androgenic activity.
Clomid is most often used in combination with other drugs that stimulate ovulation, in order to cause the maturation of one or more eggs.
Clomid produce a grayish-white flat round tablets odorless containing 50 mg of active substance - clomiphene citrate. Excipients - lactose, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, gelatin, talc, starch. 10 pieces in dark bottles.
Clomid is used for different diseases that cause infertility:
- Postkontratseptivnoy or secondary amenorrhea;
- Androgen deficiency;
- Anovulatory infertility;
- Galaktorei, against tumors of the pituitary gland;
- Chiari syndrome, frommelya;
- Polycystic ovary syndrome.
Clomid is used in men with oligospermia.
The use Clomid is contraindicated in:
- Ovarian cysts;
- Thyroid disease;
- Neoplasms of genital organs;
- Hepatic or renal failure;
- Metrorrhagia of unknown etiology;
- Visual disturbances;
- Ovarian failure on the background of hyperprolactinemia;
- Galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency and hypersensitivity to the drug;
- Tumor or hypofunction of the pituitary gland;
- Violations of adrenal function.
Instructions for receiving Clomid
When treating infertility for receiving Clomid dose dependent response of the ovaries to the drug. With regular menstrual cycle, treatment begins on the fifth day of the cycle, and in amenorrhea - any day.
Admission Clomid is carried out in two schemes:
- Within 5 days, 1 tablet per day Clomid, conducting clinical and laboratory monitoring of the ovaries. Usually after Clomid ovulation occurs between 11 and 15 days of the cycle. If as a result of the application of Clomid pregnancy has not occurred, it is necessary to apply the second scheme;
- Within 5 days, 2 tablets a day, starting with day 5 of the next cycle. If ovulation has not occurred, taking Clomid should be repeated. With continued anovulation should take a break for 3 months, and then for three months, repeat the treatment. If the result of taking Clomid pregnancy has not occurred, then further drug treatment is not effective. During the course of Clomid stimulation can be applied not more than 750 mg.
With polycystic ovary syndrome the initial dose - 1 tablet per day, due to the tendency to hyperstimulation.
When amenorrhea caused by the use of contraceptives, Clomid to stimulate ovulation appoint 1 tablet daily. In the opinion of Clomid is effective with this dose for five days.
Men are in accordance with the testimony of receiving Clomid appoint 1-2 tablets 1-2 times a day for 6 weeks, conducting constant monitoring of semen.
In case of overdose may develop vasomotor reactions, the appearance of vomiting, nausea, blurred vision, pain in the pelvic and abdominal and ovarian enlargement.
Clomid can be used in conjunction with drugs gonadotropins.
Use of Clomid during pregnancy and lactation is contraindicated.
In the opinion of Clomid can cause a variety of disorders of the digestive system - vomiting and nausea, at least - flatulence, gastralgia, diarrhea, increased appetite and a syndrome of acute abdomen.
After Clomid may also appear drowsiness, dizziness and headache. Depression, irritability and insomnia occur much less frequently.
Blurred vision, polyuria, rash, vaginal dryness, rash, abdominal pain while taking Clomid occur infrequently.
After Clomid may be complications of the endocrine system - dysmenorrhea, breast induration, increasing the size of the ovary, abnormal uterine bleeding, rarely, in the opinion of Clomid - pain in the breast.
When Clomid ovulation stimulation increases the likelihood of multiple pregnancies, the existing growth of uterine fibroids, endometriosis and ectopic pregnancy. Also with Stein-Leventhal syndrome may cystic ovarian enlargement up to 4-8 cm.
Clomid is released under doctor's prescription (drug list B).
Shelf life - 5 years.