Chlorprothixene - antipsychotic,
Structure and Composition
The drug is released in the form of round biconvex tablets, film-coated, containing the active substance - chlorprothixene hydrochloride, 15 or 50 mg.
Additional ingredients: lactose monohydrate, talc, corn starch, calcium stearate, sucrose.
The blister packs of 10 tablets.
The analogue chlorprothixene a drug Truksal.
Pharmacological action chlorprothixene
Application chlorprothixene has antipsychotic effect on the body, due to a blocking effect on the dopamine receptors. Blockade of these receptors also has analgesic and antiemetic effects.
According to the instructions chlorprothixene blocks of H1-histamine receptors, α1 - adrenergic receptors, 5-HT 2 - receptors, so that the drug has a hypotensive, adrenoblokiruyuschee and antihistamine effect.
According to the instructions chlorprothixene has a fairly wide range of indications, including the following:
• behavioral disorders in children;
• psychoses including mania and schizophrenia, occur with anxiety, agitation and psychomotor agitation;
• psychosomatic disorders, neurosis, depression;
• irritability, hyperactivity, confusion, agitation in the elderly;
• pain (in combination therapy);
• hungover withdrawal syndrome in alcoholism and drug addiction.
• hypersensitivity to one or more components of the drug;
• vascular collapse;
• diseases of the blood;
• CNS depression of various etiologies (including when taking opiates, barbiturates and alcohol).
Dosing and dosing regimen chlorprothixene
In psychoses, schizophrenia and manic states initial dosage of the drug or analogue chlorprothixene is 50-100 mg per day with gradual increase in dosage to 300 mg per day. In severe cases, the dosage may be increased to 1200 mg per day. The daily dosage is usually divided into three stages. It is recommended that most of the dose taken in the evening, which is associated with a marked sedative effect of the drug. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day.
When withdrawal syndrome hangover chlorprothixene use is 500 mg, divided into two or three doses. Typically the duration of treatment lasted one week. After the disappearance of withdrawal symptoms it is recommended to gradually reduce the dose to maintenance - 15-45 mg per day, which reduces the risk of another binge and stabilizes overall health.
Elderly patients in the presence of irritability, hyperactivity, confusion and neural stimulation initial dosage is 15-90 mg per day divided into three doses.
Children appoint chlorprothixene according to the instructions for the correction of behavioral disorders. Dosage is calculated on the basis of 0, 5-2 mg per kg body weight.
When psychosomatic disorders and depressive states usually take the drug in combination therapy. Dosage in this case, generally up to 90 mg per day, divided into two or three doses.
Since the drug or analogue chlorprothixene not cause drug dependency and addiction, it can be used over a long period of time.
For insomnia take medication at a dose of 15-30 mg one hour before bedtime.
Since chlorprothixene has analgesic properties, it can be used for pain in conjunction with other analgesics. Assign usually from 15 to 300 mg per day.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
If possible, chlorprothixene not recommended during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Side effects chlorprothixene
In the opinion of chlorprothixene may cause the following side effects from the different systems of life:
• the difficulty of accommodation;
• dry mouth;
• skin rashes;
• increased sweating;
• hemolytic anemia;
• transient benign leucopenia;
• extrapyramidal symptoms;
• reduced seizure threshold.
Chlorprothixene on responses can cause orthostatic hypotension, weight gain, cholestatic jaundice, gynecomastia, increased appetite, decreased libido, galaktoreyu.
Overdose Hlorprotiksenom Review causes the following symptoms: hyper- or hypothermia, convulsions, extrapyramidal symptoms, coma, shock.
In case of overdose should spend symptomatic and supportive treatment.
Drug interaction chlorprothixene
In an application with chlorprothixene:
• anesthetics, neuroleptics, hypnotics, sedatives, analgesics, opioid, and ethanol-containing drugs can amplify its effect on the central nervous system;
• antihistamines, anticholinergics, antiparkinsonian drugs intensified anticholinergic effect of the drug;
• antihypertensive agents enhances their effect;
• epinephrine may lead to the development of hypotension and tachycardia;
• levodopa reduces the effect of the latter;
• haloperidol, metoclopramide, phenothiazines, reserpine may lead to the emergence of extrapyramidal disorders.
Keep it in a cool dry place for no longer than three years.