Chloropyramine - drug group antihistamines, histamine H1-receptor.
Pharmacological action Chloropyramine
Chloropyramine based on its ability to block the m-cholinergic and histamine H1-receptor, thus providing antipruritic, antiallergic, sedative, holinoliticheskoe, antispasmodic and sedative effects.
Chloropyramine spazmogonny able to weaken the effect of histamine on the smooth muscles of the intestines and the bronchi, so the hypotensive effect of histamine and its effects on vascular permeability decreases.
Effect of the drug is also aimed at preventing the development of allergic reactions immediate type and to facilitate their flow.
High speed absorbability allows Chloropyramine reach a maximum concentration within 2 hours after ingestion. The therapeutic effect in this case lasts for 4 to 6 hours.
Form release Chloropyramine
In medical Chloropyramine networks available in two forms: tablets and solution / m and / in the introduction.
Tablets Chloropyramine produced in an amount of 20 pieces, the active substance therein is 25 mg.
Solution for in / and / m the introduction of a clear liquid with a barely noticeable yellowish or greenish tinge. There is a characteristic odor. The solution is packed in an ampoule of active substance in the mass of which is 20 mg. The package contains 5 or 10 vials.
As the instructions for Chloropyramine, the drug has a therapeutic effect for the following diseases:
• hay fever, or hay fever;
• allergic-type dermatosis;
• allergies to medications;
• rhinitis and allergic conjunctivitis types;
• allergic reactions arising after insect bites;
• serum sickness;
Numerous medical reviews of Chloropyramine warn of the presence of a number of contraindications, in which the drug is not highly recommended. The list is as follows:
• acute gastric ulcer;
• acute attacks of asthma;
• a combination of the drug with MAO inhibitors;
• prostatic hyperplasia;
• pregnancy and lactation;
• Children aged less than 1 month;
• hypersensitivity to the drug, in particular, to derivatives of ethylene diamine (including the Chloropyramine).
The next group of people taking the drug is not contraindicated, but it should be taken with caution:
• elderly patients;
• patients diagnosed with deficiency of the liver and / or heart disease;
• patients with duodenal ulcer and / or stomach;
• patients taking drugs that suppress the central nervous system;
• patients with urinary retention.
Instructions for use Chloropyramine
The drug is recommended to be taken orally in the following dosage: Chloropyramine frequency of administration for adults is 3-4 times a day to 25 mg. For children, the dosage is adjusted depending on age: the initial dose is 5 mg - for children from one month to one year of age; from one year to 6 years - 10 mg; and 20 mg - for children aged 7 to 18 years. The maximum daily dose thus calculated as follows: 2 mg / kg body weight of the child. Infants, whose age is less than one month Chloropyramine contraindicated.
Dosage / m or on / in adults ranges of 20-40
Before the start of the drug is important to read the instructions to Chloropyramine since during treatment may cause undesirable effects. The list is as follows:
• drowsiness, lethargy, weakness, slight tremor of the extremities. Side effects in children may manifest as agitation, anxiety, insomnia, irritability;
• dryness of the mouth, constipation, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting;
• In rare cases, may cause arrhythmia, tachycardia, it is probable increase in blood pressure;
• allergy in the form of itching and skin rashes;
• difficulty urinating.
Application Chloropyramine and analogues medications in inappropriate amounts can cause an overdose, the symptoms of which include:
• overdose in children manifests itself in the form of anxiety, hallucinations, appearance, athetosis, ataxia, seizures, mydriasis, real estate pupils, facial flushing, hyperthermia. In rare cases - coma, collapse;
• adult possible condition retardation and depression, CNS excitation or, in rare cases - hallucinations, ataxia, lack of reaction of pupils to light, hyperthermia.
systemic therapy, which includes receiving amphetamine, caffeine, antiepileptics and resuscitation combined with ventilation. The specific antidote is available.
Strongly recommended that concomitant use of medication with alcohol.
Perhaps the increased symptoms of reflux esophagitis when receiving Chloropyramine bedtime.
Long-term use Chloropyramine might entail a violation of hematopoiesis, resulting in symptoms such as wanton fever, pale skin, laryngitis, bruising, trudnoostanavlivaemye and unusual bleeding, ulcers on the oral mucosa. In these cases, you should seek immediate medical attention.
Chloropyramine and analogues of the drug can give a distorted picture when setting allergy samples, in this regard, it is recommended to stop taking the medicine a few days before the test.
A combined reception Chloropyramine and ototoxic agents is able to mask the symptoms of ototoxicity.
While receiving the drug should abandon activities that require high concentration of attention.
For drugs, similar in mode of action to Chloropyramine refers Suprastin.
Chloropyramine should be stored in a dark place where the temperature does not exceed 25 ° C, away from children. Shelf life is 4 years.