Carvedilol - a powerful neurohormonal drug used for heart disease.
The active ingredient Carvedilol has an antioxidant, beta-blocker and an alpha-blocking action.
It has a membrane stabilizing capacity with reduced peripheral vascular resistance, and reduces the pre- and afterload, increases the tone of the bronchial tubes and certain microvascular, peristalsis and intestinal tone.
Carvedilol - a powerful antioxidant that removes free oxygen radicals.
When carvedilol somewhat reduced heart rate, while renal blood flow, peripheral blood flow and renal function are not changed.
In ischemic heart disease, carvedilol has antianginal and anti-ischemic effects, which persists for prolonged use.
Carvedilol is rapidly absorbed after oral administration and reaches a maximum concentration in serum of about one hour without food.
Carvedilol is produced in the form of white spigot 12 tablets, 5 mg and 25 mg, containing active substance - carvedilol and adjuvants - sucrose, milk sugar, crospovidone, polyvidone K25, croscarmellose sodium and methyl cellulose. On 10 and 30 pieces per pack.
Indications for use of carvedilol
Carvedilol is used for:
- Ischemic left ventricular dysfunction;
- Silent myocardial ischemia;
- Stable and unstable angina;
- Circulatory failure of ischemic or kardiomiopaticheskogo genesis (mild, moderate and severe forms);
- Essential hypertension alone or in combination therapy with thiazide diuretics).
According to the instructions Carvedilol is contraindicated in:
- Heart failure decompensation;
- AV-block II and III;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Chronic lung disease (with bronchoobstructive syndrome in history);
- Bronchial asthma;
- Hepatic Insufficiency;
- Hypersensitivity to the active substance - carvedilol.
Carvedilol is contraindicated during pregnancy and lactation, and the drug is not used in pediatric patients because of the lack of clinical experience.
Also according to the instructions Carvedilol is prescribed with caution in:
- Renal insufficiency;
- Prinzmetal angina;
- Major surgery and general anesthesia;
- Chronic bronchitis;
- AV-blockade of I degree;
- BRONCHOSPASTIC sindromome;
- Occlusive peripheral vascular disease;
To avoid cancellation of angina attacks carvedilol hold gradually.
Instructions for use of carvedilol
Dosing regimen of carvedilol set individually, and depends on the disease, age and disease progression. Carvedilol 12, 5 mg use:
- The initial dose in hypertension in the first two weeks - 1 tablet Carvedilol morning after breakfast or divided into two doses. If necessary, after the first two weeks, the dose can be doubled;
- With stable angina, take 1 tablet twice a day. With good tolerability if necessary dose in a week can be increased to two tablets of carvedilol twice a day;
- The daily dose is aged over 70 years should not be more than 2 tablets twice daily carvedilol.
If you missed doses, double the next dose should not be. After a break for more than two weeks, resume treatment with lower doses. Cancelling Carvedilol need to gradually reduce the dose over several weeks.
According to the instructions Carvedilol may cause excessive blood pressure reduction. In the opinion of carvedilol, it usually happens at the beginning of treatment or when the dose is increased, and runs independently.
Quite often reviews Carvedilol causes weakness, headache and fatigue, as well as depression, sleep disturbances and paresthesia.
Carvedilol also causes an increase in tone and intestinal motility, itching, hives, leukopenia, allergic exanthema, peripheral blood flow disorders, bradycardia, AV-blockade, angina, intermittent claudication episodes, exacerbations of heart failure.
It is extremely rare for reviews Carvedilol causes nasal congestion and thrombocytopenia.
When carvedilol is not recommended the use of alcohol.
The combined use of carvedilol with antihypertensive drugs, antiarrhythmics, antianginal drugs, anesthetic drugs, other beta-blockers, including eye drops, increasing the risk of side effects.
With simultaneous use of carvedilol with verapamil, diltiazem increased risk of severe hypotension.
And when combined with insulin and oral hypoglycemic drugs - hypoglycaemia.
Carvedilol available on medical prescription. Shelf life - 3 years.