Neo Penotran - topical antifungal and antibacterial drug used in gynecology.
The active ingredient of Neo Penotran has a local antifungal, antiprotozoal and antibacterial action. Included in the formulation components are active against:
- Trichomonas vaginalis;
- Pathogenic fungi including Candida albicans;
- Gardnerella vaginalis;
- Anaerobic bacteria, including anaerobic streptococci.
In the opinion of Neo Penotran is also effective against certain Gram-positive bacteria.
Neo Penotran produced in the form of vaginal suppositories for 7 pieces in a package containing different amounts of the active substance:
- Candles Neo Penotran - 500 mg of metronidazole and 100 mg of miconazole nitrate;
- Candles Neo Penotran Forte - 750 mg of metronidazole and 200 mg of miconazole nitrate;
- Candles Neo Penotran Forte N - 750 mg metronidazole, 200 mg of miconazole nitrate and 100 mg lidokoina.
Exact analogy Neo Penotran not released. The most similar in chemical composition is a drug Klion D-100, containing the same active ingredients, but in different doses. If necessary, use unique Neo Penotran should always consult your doctor.
Indications Neo Penotran
Candles Neo Penotran according to the instructions is used for the topical treatment of:
- Trichomonas vulvovaginitis;
- Vaginal candidiasis;
- Bacterial vaginosis;
- Mixed vaginal infections.
According to the instructions Neo Penotran contraindicated to apply at:
- Severe hepatic dysfunction, including porphyria;
- Hematopoietic disorders;
- Diseases of the peripheral and central nervous system;
- Hypersensitivity to metronidazole, miconazole nitrate or other components of the drug.
In the first trimester of pregnancy is contraindicated Neo Penotran apply, and in the second and third trimesters of use of the drug is possible only under strict indications.
If necessary, the treatment of candles Neo Penotran lactation breastfeeding should stop.
Also, the drug is contraindicated to use before the age of 14 years.
Instructions for Use Neo Penotran
Candles Neo Penotran instructions for use during the week 1 suppository at night. When vaginitis resistant conducted prior therapy and recurrent vaginitis appoint 2 suppositories a day, morning and evening. This treatment may be two weeks.
Longer use of candles Neo Penotran according to the instructions can cause overdose symptoms that occur as itching, a metallic taste in the mouth, vomiting or nausea, stomatitis, diarrhea, headache and abdominal pain.
In the opinion of Neo Penotran often causes unwanted side effects similar to overdose symptoms: irritation, itching or burning of the vaginal mucosa.
Also candles Neo Penotran of instructions may provoke: abdominal pain, diarrhea, loss of appetite, a metallic taste and dry mouth, constipation, nausea or vomiting. Usually these symptoms disappear after treatment.
Disorders of the nervous system, such as ataxia, headache, or psycho-emotional disorders Neo Penotran of reviews is rare.
Candles Neo Penotran prescription shelf life - up to 3 years.