Bronhosan - a combined drug of mucolytics group used for respiratory diseases.
In addition to its chemical composition (bromhexine) and includes vegetable ingredients (menthol, fennel oil, eucalyptus oil, peppermint oil, anise oil, Origanum vulgare).
Available in the form of drops for oral administration. Vial contains 25 ml of the drug. The original drug produced by "Zentiva", Slovakia.
Pharmacological action Bronhosana
Bronhosan has a strong mucolytic and expectorant effect (liquefies phlegm, without increasing the volume and facilitates its expectoration from the respiratory tract), inhibits smooth muscle spasms and has antibacterial action.
Diseases of the respiratory tract associated with the formation of viscous sputum:
- obstructive bronchitis (bronchitis accompanied by strong and persistent bronchospasm);
- bronchitis (bronchitis in which the inflammation largely affects the tracheal mucosa);
- pulmonary emphysema or as it is popularly called "angina pectoris" (lung, in which they accumulate excess air);
- bronchiectasis (characterized by chronic suppuration and deformation of lung and bronchial tissue);
- bronchial asthma;
- pneumoconiosis (caused by prolonged inhalation of dust in the workplace and is characterized by the formation of fibrous seals in the lungs);
- cystic fibrosis.
Instructions Bronhosana: methods of use
In accordance with the instructions Bronhosan recommend to use 4 times per day, regardless of age, but received a single dose of the drug may be different:
- 10 drops - for children from 3 to 6 years;
- 15 drops for children from 6 to 12 years;
- 20 drops for children from 12 years and adults.
Bronhosan taken either before or after meals, after dissolving it in a small amount of water and dripped onto a lump of sugar. To potentiate the effect of mucolytic Bronhosana advised to consume plenty of fluids.
Duration of Bronhosana is about 2-3 weeks. If necessary, with the consent of the attending physician, the treatment period may be extended.
Another method of application, given in the instructions for Bronhosanu - inhalation. For this preparation was diluted with distilled water in a ratio of 1: 1 and heated to achieve solution obtained body temperature. Inhalation spend at intervals 2 times a day. Single dose per inhalation (a rate of 1 ml = 46 drops of preparation) is:
- 10 drops - children from 2 to 6 years;
- 1 ml - Children from 6 to 10 years;
- 2 ml - children older than 10 years;
- 4 ml - adult.
According to the results of clinical trials and reviews of Bronhosane, the only contraindications to receiving this drug are idiosyncrasy (established empirically), children up to three years, as well as during pregnancy (I trimester) and breastfeeding.
Side effects Bronhosana
Note that Bronhosan has good tolerability and adverse effects are relatively rare. In a review of Bronhosane collected through post-marketing studies, were recorded the following side effects of this drug:
- nausea, vomiting;
- gastrointestinal disorders;
- a slight temporary increase in blood levels of hepatic transaminases (a sign of liver damage);
- with a history of gastric ulcer patients - its aggravation;
- allergic reactions.
In overdose Bronhosanom recommended gastric lavage and activated charcoal to take.
Availability in Bronhosane alcohol (40%) predetermines caution when using it to persons suffering from diseases of the liver and kidneys (in these cases, either reduce the dose or dosing frequency slows), epilepsy and alcoholism.
Codeine and other drugs antitussives negate the effect Bronhosana since prevent the discharge of liquefied sputum from the lungs. According to the reviews of Bronhosan, simultaneously taking it to the aforementioned groups of products is undesirable.
Instructions for storage Bronhosana
Storage space Bronhosana should choose a dry, away from direct sunlight and out of reach of children. The optimum storage temperature range - 15-25 ° C. The expiration date on the package and is 3 years, after which the drug is to be disposed.
Despite the fact that Bronhosan realized from pharmacies without a prescription, it is desirable to coordinate the reception of it, since this drug is used mostly for the symptomatic treatment, and if the disease is a bacterial or viral nature, in addition to receiving or antimicrobial essential Bronhosana antiviral therapy, a strategy that defines the doctor.