Tools synonyms: Aberg, bromocriptine bromocriptine Richter Bromergon, Parloder, Laktodel.
Bromocriptine is a semisynthetic drug whose active ingredient - bromocriptine - derivative ergokreptina (ergot alkaloid), acts as dopaminomimetik.
It stimulates the central dopamine-sensitive receptors, reduces the secretion of prolactin and decreases the increased production of growth hormone. Due to stimulation dopaminoergicheskih transmission in nigrostrialnoy system it reduces the symptoms of Parkinson's disease and endocrine disorders. Normaliziruya menstrual function, reduces the size of cysts in the breast.
- in neurological practice - to reduce the symptoms of Parkinson's disease;
- in endocrinology and gynecology - to reduce the number and size of cysts in the breast, the normalization of the menstrual cycle, reducing the secretion of growth hormone, slowing the growth of prolactinomas. As well as using bromocriptine to stop lactation in the postpartum period (if applicable) or abortion. Bromocriptine is also used to stop lactation and in some cases the breast.
Instructions for use and dose of Bromocriptine
According to the instructions to the bromocriptine drug taken orally during meals. The maximum daily dose of Bromocriptine Richter -1000 mg.
The drug is used in the following cases:
- Parkinsonova disease - an initial dose of 1, 25 mg per day (0, 5 tablets) evening. If necessary, the dose was adjusted to 10-40 mg per day (the dose divide into 2-3 doses). The rate of increase of 1 dose, 25 mg per week.
- Normalization of the menstrual cycle and infertility treatment - 2, 5-3, 75 per day (dose divide into 2-3 receptions), double the dose if necessary. Treatment continues until complete normalization cycle and / or up to ovulation. To prevent possible recurrence, acceptance Bromocriptine should continue over the next 2-3 cycles.
- Acromegaly - 2, 5-3, 75 mg per day (the dose divide into 2-3 doses) if necessary, the dose was adjusted to 10-20 mg.
- Prolactinoma - 1, 25 mg twice a day, the dose can be gradually increased to 2-3 tablets per day, to provide the desired level of hormone-prolactin.
- Bromocriptine to prevent lactation
2, 5 mg twice a day for 14 days. Treatment starts no earlier than 4 hours after physiological birth or abortion.
- Mastitis postpartum - 2, 5 mg twice a day for 14 days.
- Postpartum breast engorgement - 2, 5 mg single dose, repeat the dose cherez12 hours (bromocriptine reviews indicate that the termination of lactation does not occur at the same time).
- Benign tumors in the mammary glands - 1, 25 mg three times a day, the dose was increased to 7 mg / day.
Side effects of Bromocriptine
Bromocriptine may cause adverse reactions: nausea, vomiting, pain, head dizzy.
Sometimes there dyskinesia, blurred vision, dental caries, periodontal disease, nasal congestion, allergic rashes, cramps. If there is a decrease in blood pressure, heart attack, stroke, constipation, nervous agitation, convulsions, hallucinations and psychosis, an urgent need to stop taking the drug and seek medical care.
In the opinion of bromocriptine, long-term use of it can develop: Raynaud's symptoms, confusion, liquorrhea (allocation of cerebrospinal fluid from the nose), fainting, stomach ulcers and bleeding, chronic abdominal pain, back, frequent urination.
Main contraindications Bromocriptine: hypersensitivity, early preeclampsia, hypertension, tremor, Huntington's chorea, heart disease, psychosis, hypotension, liver failure, diseases of the stomach and intestines.
C take care of parkinsonism with dementia symptoms, pregnancy, lactation and treatment of hypertension.
Do not take together with oral contraceptives, levodopa, antihypertensive agents, erythromycin, klaeritromitsinom, troleandomycin, ritonavir, MAO inhibitors, furazolidone, procarbazine, selegiline, and a number of other medicines listed in the instructions to the bromocriptine.
The drug is stored in a cool, dark place at a temperature of 30 ° C for up to 3 years.