Boric Ointment - is an antiseptic (antibacterial, antifungal, antiparasitic), which is widely used in dermatology.
International name: Boric acid.
Pharmacological group: antiseptic.
The main active ingredient: Boric acid.
Product: Ointment 5% for banks and 25 g tubes.
The instructions Boric ointment is indicated as an antibacterial, antifungal and antiparasitic (protivopedikuleznoe) tool. Together with hydroxyquinoline sulfate, ointment has contraceptive properties.
It can enter the bloodstream through the microcracks skin wounds, mucosa. It accumulates in the tissues of the body (cumulative effect). Excreted in the urine within 5-7 days.
Indications Boric ointment
Application Boric ointment in the following cases:
- For skin diseases (different types of eczema, dermatitis, pyoderma, diaper rash)
- Gynecological diseases (colpitis)
- When parasitic diseases (pediculosis).
- For contraception (ointment in combination with hydroxyquinoline sulfate).
Alternatively 5%, 2-4% boric acid solution, an ointment can also be used:
- In diseases of the eye (conjunctivitis)
- If ENT diseases (otitis).
Instructions for use and dose Boric ointment
Application Boric ointment - only externally.
When conjunctivitis lay ointment into the conjunctival sac when otitis - in the ear canal, for dermatitis ointment applied only to intact skin.
When lice 10-25g applied ointment on hairy skin of the head, hold for 20-30 minutes and wash off with warm water. After the procedure, carefully comb hair comb.
Contraindications Boric ointment
Contraindications for the application of an ointment to the skin are: Hypersensitivity of the components of the drug, chronic renal failure, inflammatory skin diseases in the acute stage, pregnant, under the age of 1 year, lactation (breast skin must not be treated with ointment before feeding the baby).
With extensive damage to the body, the drug is applied cautiously, only covers the integrity of the skin.
The instructions to Boric ointment listed following its side effects: dyspeptic symptoms (vomiting, diarrhea, nausea), skin rashes, desquamation of the epithelium of the skin, headache, convulsions, reduced daily amount of urine, confused mind, and sometimes shock.
Boric ointment can penetrate into the bloodstream through the damaged skin and accumulate in the body. Due to the prolonged use of the drug or its absorption into the bloodstream may develop symptoms of malfunction:
- serdechnososoudistoy (arrhythmia, drop in blood pressure)
- Nervous (lethargy, fever, shock, coma)
- secretory (acute or chronic renal failure) systems
- inflammation of the skin and mucous membranes (erythema, eczema, stomatitis)
- Baldness is also possible, and the menstrual cycle in women.
Keep boric ointment in a cool dark place.
You can not use without a prescription.