Bitsillin is a natural antibiotic penicillin group. The drug inhibits the synthesis of cell membranes and walls of microorganisms, which prevents the growth and reproduction of bacteria. Bitsillin active against many gram-positive and some Gram-negative microorganisms, however, to the action of the drug is stable most Gram-negative bacteria, viruses, fungi, mycobacteria, protozoa.
Bitsillin is a powder for solution intended for intramuscular injection. Depending on the composition there are three types of product:
- Bitsillin 1 comprises benzathine benzylpenicillin concentration of 300, 600 or 1200 thousand. ED.
- Bitsillin 3 consists of benzathine penicillin, penicillin sodium salt of penicillin and procaine salts. All substances are represented in equal proportions - 200 or 400 thousand. ED.
- Bitsillin 5 is a combination of benzathine penicillin and procaine penicillin salt in a ratio of 1200 to 300 thousand. Units respectively.
For Bitsillin 1 characterized by slow absorption after administration and the blood flow over an extended period. The drug takes effect within 3-6 hours after application, reaches a maximum concentration after 12-24 hours.
Bitsillin 3 also slowly hydrolyzed after a single application is sufficient to treat the drug concentration in the blood for 6-7 days.
Bitsillin maximum concentration achieved in the first 5 hours after administration and remains at a sufficient level for effective therapy of 28 days. A minor part of Bitsillin transformed displayed mainly kidneys. The drug is able to penetrate the placenta and breast milk.
Bitsillin, instruction confirms in the following cases:
- infections which were caused by organisms sensitive to penicillin (especially necessary when prolonged therapeutic drug concentration in the blood);
- prevention of rheumatic fever;
- infection of upper respiratory tract and respiratory tract (tonsillitis, strep throat, croupous and focal pneumonia, scarlet fever);
- Syphilis, yaws, gonorrhea.
Instructions for use Bitsillin
Application Bitsillin only possible by intramuscular injection to a considerable depth. The solution is prepared immediately before use. According to the instructions, Bitsillin may be diluted with isotonic sodium chloride solution, sterile water or 0, 25-0, 5% solution of procaine. Prior to administration of the drug the patient should be tested for tolerance of antibiotics.
Prevention and treatment of infectious diseases Bitsillin 1 comes with a weekly (1 per week) administration of 300 or 600 thousand. Units. Perhaps the use Bitsillin 1 at 1, 2 million. ED, but then the frequency of administration is reduced to 2 times a month. Treatment of rheumatic fever involves the use of 2, 4 million units, 2 times a month, and the prevention of recurrence of rheumatic fever - 600 thousand. IU weekly for 6 weeks. Individual dosage regimen is selected in syphilis, and the recommended dose is 2 to 4 million. Units to be fed 2-3 times in compliance with the 8-day break between the use Bitsillin 1.
Bitsillin 3 administered at a dose of 300 thousand. Units (at a time can be made two injections in different buttocks) or 600 thousand. Units. Introduction 3 Bitsillin a lesser dosage is made 1 time in 4 days, and in high doses - 1 time in 6 days. The treatment of primary and secondary syphilis includes 7 injections of 1, 8 million. Units, except for a first administration - 300 thousand. IU: 3 Bitsillin second administration held a day after the first injection, and subsequent - 2 times a week.
Bitsillin 5 for adults and children older than 8 years old should enter 1 time in 4 weeks at a dose of 1, 5 million. ED. Children older than 8 years, the dose Bitsillin 5 can be reduced to 1 to 2 million. ED. Perhaps the use of the drug at a dose of 600 thousand. IU for children under 8 years - 1 every 3 weeks.
Instruction Bitsillin lists adverse reactions that may be caused by use of the drug:
- headache, dizziness, ringing in the ears;
- diarrhea, nausea, glossitis (inflammation of the tongue), stomatitis, abnormal liver function;
- interstitial nephritis;
- myocardial dysfunction, blood pressure fluctuations;
- hemolytic anemia, thrombocytopenia, leukopenia, agranulocytosis, eosinophilia;
- hives, skin rashes, dermatitis, edema, chills, fever, anaphylactic shock, angioneurotic angioedema;
- superinfection (in debilitated patients) caused by microflora resistant to the drug.
Application Bitsillin prohibited in patients with hypersensitivity to penicillins. Patients with hypersensitivity to procaine not assigned Bitsillin Bitsillin 3 and 5.
Caution is needed when using the drug to patients suffering from:
- hay fever.
The instructions to Bitsillin information about the use of the drug during pregnancy and breastfeeding is not available. Given that the active ingredients of antibiotics able to penetrate into breast milk and through the placenta, the use Bitsillin should only be done by prescription and under medical supervision.
To use Bitsillin not trigger the development of fungal infections can be assigned to ascorbic acid and B vitamins, and if necessary - levorin and Nystatin.
Instruction Bitsillin recommends storing the drug in a dry and cool place (not above 20
Useful Bitsillin considered within 3 years from the date of manufacture.